Forced Subtitles DO NOT show for AVI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitles DO NOT show for AVI

I've noticed this recently with a couple conversions from VOB to AVI where the movies have English and a second language, but check marking the option for forced subtitles for the second language do not work.

The movies I've had an issue with are:
    '2012' - after the US President talks to other world leaders the next scene is in China when a General speaks to the crowd
    'Salt'- the bunker scene when the two actors are talking Russian between the glass
    'Resident Evil-Afterlife' - in the first 10min of the movie when they are in Japan and the snipers are talking as well as when you go central command

The only way you get subtitles if they are on for all talking. I think all 3 of these movies were made by Sony. Playing the DVD gives the forced subtitles, but I don't understand why I can't get the same option to work when converting to AVI? I've tried all the combinations available within the software to make this work, but with NO success!

Are you using the Video Converter on the actual DVD? You should actually be using DVDFab DVD Ripper to convert it to avi then you get forced subs. If you convert vob to avi using Video Converter then the vob you converting needs to have forced subs present which it will not since they may be present in another location.

Need more info as to what exactly you are doing

Comment

I can't get v8.0.6.6 to read DVD-VOBs at all. I get a "File unsuported" error (you should be using DVD Ripper for this anyway). I also tried Ripper with SALT and I get a fabcore.exe crash trying to make an xvid+MP3 AVI. The display only forced DOES work with SALT subs however, with the generic h264+aac profile.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X