Key Frames in WMV files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key Frames in WMV files?

Does DVDFab video converter place key frames when converting to WMV files? It doesn't seem to be as I can not skip forward in wmv videos created by DVDFab. I have been using Expression Encoder to add the key frames, however it seems silly to have to re-encode a video to add key frames.

Am I doing something wrong? I see no setting in the GUI for video converter to specify key frames in wmv files. Is this something that can be added in the wmv profile? Expression Encoder defaults to 5, which seems to work fine in most cases

The ones I make using the MixMax profile will FF in that device. I just checked and they will skip forward or back with the slider when played in VLC (some other file types don't). I don't use WMV for anything else. What device are you using for playback?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've tried with Media Player, VLC, MediaCenter, Zune, and on my Xbox extender. Slider just does not work with any of the files I've converted to WMV with DVDFab.

Comment

Are you able to generate good sync'd files? What profile are you using? Is it the WMA10 5.1 profile? Curious because I have nothing but issues once I get past the half way mark. By the end I am a good 2-3 seconds out of sync. Thanks.

Comment

MRL...

See my response to your other recent post.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X