Not getting any VIDEO, audio only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting any VIDEO, audio only

I am trying to convert a video taken from my iphone which has a .mov suffix and convert it to something that will play on an older version of windows media player. I have tried .avi, .mp4, .wmv and none of them show any video when I select the output file.

The sound is there and the file size is about 1/100th of the original.

The original video is only about 1min long.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yeah, you will need to install codecs do that it will play.....
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

In addition to what GregiBoy mentioned that video may have DRM protection on it and DVDFab does not remove DRM protection

Comment

thanks for the quick responses.

I took the video myself with my iphone, so no DRM.

I am doing this all on the same computer, so I don't see how CODECs could be the problem. Additionally, the orignal file is about 80mb and the largest output file so far is 1.6mb, so I am pretty sure DVDfab isn't including the video at all.

Next?

Comment

Having a similar problem. I am converting .mp4 file using the iphone4.h264 preset in video converter Im using 1 pass only. the video is present in the preview window in DVDfab. When the process completes it says it is successful and there are no errors or log files. but the resulting file has no video. when I take it into itunes again no video just audio. I I tried it on 8.0.8.5 and the bete 8.0.8.7 no difference.

the original file is large .99G it has no DRM and plays fine on my computer when the conversion is done it is 70mb which seams really small. Im using the trial version and was about to buy the full version but I might hold off on purchasing until I get this resolved. Not trying to hijack your thread but having the same problem.

Comment

If all these videos were shot with the iPhone4, I think the problem is that the phone records in MJPEG format, which Video Converter either does not support or is having some problems with. The format was not supported at one time, not sure about current versions. I just got an iPhone4 so I'm not sure if you can change the recording format, but I'm guessing not, since iApple iknows ibest.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In my case the source file is not from, or shot with an iphone but I am trying to encode it so that I can put it on an iphone. The source file is an .mp4 of a tv program. As a side note I also have that same source file as a .mkv same result. Also tried 4 other files same result.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                If all these videos were shot with the iPhone4, I think the problem is that the phone records in MJPEG format, which Video Converter either does not support or is having some problems with. The format was not supported at one time, not sure about current versions. I just got an iPhone4 so I'm not sure if you can change the recording format, but I'm guessing not, since iApple iknows ibest.
                Yes, it is an iphone4. Not sure what to think since another poster has the same issue with a non-iphone4 video. I have the full version, so that is not the difference.

Comment

Hi ssthomps97,

Can you send us service@dvdfab.com your source m4v file, we can use it as sample file to see if this problem can be reproduced on our side, Thanks.

Sincerely,
                  --
                  Sunny

Comment

Working...
                  X