Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CQ] Making videos for mobile

Hello,

I don't know how to set up DVDfab to make a video from DVD or blu-ray to have a video encoded in CQ (constant Quality) ou 2-pass with VBR.

It is the best way to get light movies for mobile devices.

DVDfab seems to do do CBR with both 1 ou 2 pass because the quality is very poor (action, water surfaces...) with acceptable bitrates

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx

With VRB, we can have good results for 640x480 @ 500 MB/hour @ h264.

Anyone can help me ? Maybe I missed something ?
    Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM. Reason: forum policy

Hi Drakko
    If you are making a video file for a mobile device using a DVD or Blu-Ray rip, you should be using the DVD or Blu-Ray Ripper function and not Video Converter function.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Drakko
      Do as CBR929 suggests, use the Ripper modules from either the original disc (they decrypt also) or from a decrypted VIDEO_TS folder or ISO. They produce excellent results at about the bitrate you mentioned, even when viewed on large screens when using the h264 codec. No need to mention other software by name, what it can or can't do is not relevant to getting the best results from DVDFab.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, direct from DVD or Bluray is what I do.

But should I understand that the excellent DVDfab will never do VBR ? It's the way to get best result with compact files !

My tests confirm that, Wikipedia too, and when you buy video online, video track is always vbr.

I think adding this option should not be so hard for developers but would enhanced a lot results in some cases

Comment

No, no I believe VBR is on the drawing board or the "to-do" list for a future release. When the new Profile Editor is released, please check it to see if VBR is included.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK :'(

Thank you !

Maybe I'll post a request
            Last edited by Drakko; 07-07-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

See the response from Fengtao in your other thread.

Comment

Working...
              X