lines in cartoons and animated movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I convert my cartoon dvd's to avi I get lines or brakes in the picture during movement or action scenes. I have tried using software only settings and deinterlacing and no deinterlacing. I am using ver 8.0.7.3. I have had no trouble with syn issues with this version.
    My avi settings are avi+mp3, high quality encoding 2 pass, fixed bitrate of 1350kbps, frame rate sames as source. audio at 128kbps, dolby prologic II.

Any ideal to will end the lines in my cartoon videos?

Hi jrgibson55
    Not sure if this will help, but have you tried 1 pass?
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No, I have not tried that. Will give it a try right now.

Comment

I just tried the one pass and the lines are worst. :0(

Comment

Hi jrgibson55
          Sorry to hear that.
          What are you using for playback??
          Could you please post your logs the default location is:
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.

I will try some test conversions for you after I receive your logs and get the profile.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

my files were way to large, so I renamed original files and did a rocky and bullwinkle cartoon to create new files. I rarely ever burn anything to dvd. I use VLC player and I have WD media Players for playback.

Thank for look at this.
            Attached Files

Comment

@jrgibson55
              Do you have these artifacts on both players?
              Can you post screenshot?
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

lines in cartoons

yes I get the artifacts in both players. It only happens during fast motion and screen changes. Its livable, but would be nice without it.
                I tried to upload a file but the uploader said the dimensions and size of the file was to large. I know how to make the dimension smaller but not the file size. Is there a place I could send one of the avi files. I have one that 1:45 minutes long and 18.7mb

Comment

You can use video sharing websites, but what I really asked for is a single screenshot
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I just read your OP again... and want to ask you to re-work your content with 1-pass, not 2-pass. You can do just a piece where artifacts shows after 2-pass processing. We'll see if there's difference.
                    sigpic

Comment

If these are wavy lines on vertical objects that are moving or while the scene is panning it is a deinterlace problem that should be present on one and two pass. To confirm this, try setting VLC to a different deinterlace method (with video playing, set Video->Deinterlace->On and Video->Deinterlace mode->try blend or discard) or use MediaInfo on the original and converted content to see if it is interlaced or progressive. Note: I have seen cartoons like this (made for TV or mastered from tapes made for TV) that were not deinterlaced properly when authored and that were full of wavy lines, even when playing back the original disc.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This appear to be the problem. The cartoons I am having the problem are made for tv and when I changed my VLC setting like you suggested it cleaned up the video. Do you have any ideal how I can covert these dvd's so I dont have the lines for playback on my WD players. I have all the models.

Thanks.

Comment

after reading that the problem was a deinterlaced problem, I look for deinterlacing problems in the forum. Found that its been a problem for a while. Then I looked at the history of the dvdfab program. It looked like the problem was addressed in 8.08. I had problems with one of the early 8.08's with syning voices so I tried the most current version. It has fixed the deinterlacing problem. I just need to run a few rips to make sure that the voices are in sync.

Thanks for the help. I didnt know the deinterlacing was broken. Just thought it didnt make a difference for what I was doing.

Comment

Working...
                          X