Convert VOB to MPEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert VOB to MPEG

I would like to convert all my VOB files to MPEG. I have DVD COPY. Should I purchase DVD RIPPER or DVD CONVERTER? Which software has the better options?

Originally posted by jayh1969 View Post
    I would like to convert all my VOB files to MPEG. I have DVD COPY. Should I purchase DVD RIPPER or DVD CONVERTER? Which software has the better options?
    Do you have VOB files or DVDs? You have to be more specific.
    Anyway, DVD Ripper will only convert DVDs into various file formats, but wouldn't convert files of one format into another format. For that you would need a Converter.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

convert vob to mpeg

The vob files have been ripped from the dvd disc using dvd copy. I want to convert all of them to mpeg.

Comment

The vob files have been ripped from the dvd disc using dvd copy. I want to convert all of them to mpeg.
        You will need a converter... anyone. And what format are you looking for? You know, MPEG is just a standard... If you have VOB files, they already MPEG, MPEG2 to be more specific.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

If you want MPEG-2, use the VOB Passthrough profile in DVD Ripper. It will produce VOB files, but you can change the file suffix to .mpg since all the DVD characteristics are removed. As Ipopov said, we need a better idea of what you want to do.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

vob to mpeg

After copying the original dvd movie I noticed the main movie file is a .vob extension. I want to change that extension to a mpeg. I tried the right click option and clicked rename and tried to type .mpg and mpeg but that did not work.

I want to be able to stream these movies from my harddrive to my tv but I cannot do that if they are a .vob extension.

Comment

After copying the original dvd movie I noticed the main movie file is a .vob extension. I want to change that extension to a mpeg. I tried the right click option and clicked rename and tried to type .mpg and mpeg but that did not work.

I want to be able to stream these movies from my harddrive to my tv but I cannot do that if they are a .vob extension.
              Did you process them using DVD Ripper VOB Passthrough before trying to change the extension?

Comment

vob to mpeg

I am only using DVD COPY. Looks like I will need DVD RIPPER to do this. Correct? I have been using DVD COPY for years now and have a good idea how that process works but when it comes to converting I'm still a work in progress.

Comment

vob to mpeg

Will DVD Ripper do what I want? If, so I will purchase.
                  Thanks Jay

Comment

Working...
                  X