Failing to convert from MKV/MPEG-4 for HP TouchPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failing to convert from MKV/MPEG-4 for HP TouchPad

I'm trying to convert a few movies I have laying around into something I can play on my HP TouchPad using DVDFab 8.0.8.8 Video Converter. The process keeps failing, here are the settings I'm using:

Profile iPad.h264
    Frame: 1024x426
    Fast Encoding / Fixed 1568
    Audio: Bitrate 96 kps/Stereo

Error message:

Conversion: one pass: 18:52:17
    CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
    : 18:52:17
    CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
    : 18:52:17
    Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00 13,

: 18:52:32
    Process failed!: 18:52:33

Process also failed using MKV format. Tried on 4 different movie files. Little help here? What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Rambunctious; 08-31-2011, 10:58 PM.

Similar errors with 8.1.1.2

Comment

Hi Rambunctious
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the response - attached files. I just included data from today (size limitation exceeded)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
          Thanks for the response - attached files. I just included data from today (size limitation exceeded)
          Hi,

Please install the latest build first. Then use decoder and encoder Sofware only and have a try.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,

Please install the latest build first. Then use decoder and encoder Sofware only and have a try.

Wilson
            I did try with 8.1.1.12 - last log entries should reflect that. I'm licensed for DVD Ripper and Video Converter. Never had a problem ripping, been really happy with it for years!

Comment

Hi Rambunctious
              Did you try as suggested by Wilson.Wang to set decoder and encoder to Software only?

Logs show that you are using your GPU.
              Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
              You may also try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14327

I also believe that you may have corrupt files in Fab.
              Reason I say this is your Internal log should not look like this
              C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m
              Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm

My advice is to uninstall DVD Fab run a Registry cleaner like CCleaner and reinstall Fab.

Hope this helps.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Please download and try the newest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14429
                CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Hi Rambunctious
                  Did you try as suggested by Wilson.Wang to set decoder and encoder to Software only?

Logs show that you are using your GPU.
                  Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
                  You may also try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14327

I also believe that you may have corrupt files in Fab.
                  Reason I say this is your Internal log should not look like this
                  C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m
                  Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm

My advice is to uninstall DVD Fab run a Registry cleaner like CCleaner and reinstall Fab.

Hope this helps.
                  CBR929
                  Thanks for spelling out those instructions, I guess I didn't understand what Wilson.Wang was asking me to do. I followed them and was able to process 2/5. I'll uninstall, run a registry cleaner, reinstall, and report findings.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Please download and try the newest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14429
                    CBR929
                    Hot date tonight, will have to try later. Thanks!

Comment

LOL Get your priorities straight.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        LOL Get your priorities straight.
                        I'm as lucky in love as I am with this program

Tried again this evening (after removing the program, rebooting, running regclean, rebooting, installing new program, changing codec to software)

Its successful 2 out of 6-7 times and there are a number of application faults (which is another beef - commonly occurs when I select <Conversion Settings> of a movie file from within the queue).

I've attached the logs in the hopes you guys/gals can make heads/tails out of what is going on.
                        Attached Files

Comment

3 more attempts this evening (2 MKV, 1 MPEG4) and 3 more failed processes. I double-checked that decoder/encoder set for S/W only.

Logs attached - can someone take a look?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rambunctious
                            Please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15064
                            CBR929

Comment

Working...
                            X