Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2D -> 3D Video Converter Write 1 Error for Mr. Wilson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D -> 3D Video Converter Write 1 Error for Mr. Wilson.

Hi Mr. Wilson,

I am attaching my log file per our earlier PM session regarding Write 1 errors. I am now using the most current release Sept. 15. I am trying to convert an h.264/mpeg4 to same. But in 3D. I am using DVDFab Copy ( I bought it almost 10 years ago ) maybe that's the problem. There is no failure as of yet but it's taking longer than 5 hours to convert a 16MB movie 22 minutes long.

Per an earlier post I saw I have changed the settings on my DVDFab Copy to:

Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and am trying again.

Please advise me on what product I should be using? There are so many choices. The immediate need is to convert 100 2D videos in h.264/mpeg4 format to 3D. They will be used on desktops and mobile devices.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

I will check this later.

Comment

If they are in DVD format (i.e. inside a VIDEO_TS folder on disc or hard drive) then you should be using the DVD Ripper module. If they are already in some MP4 format, then use the Video Converter module. Your logs suggest they are in DVD format, but your post seems to say otherwise.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi thanks for writing. The files are not in folders. There just a bunch of h.264/mpeg4 files. Without chapters.

Good news is that after uninstalling all copies of DVDFab. Running CC Cleaner and re-installing DVDFab from the download link I was able to make a successful 2D to 3D conversion using the converter.

Here's how I did it. Instead of starting with an h.264/mpeg4 video and converting to the same with the 2D to 3D setting set to be active, I changed things up and started with an h.264/mpeg4 video, without chapters, and converted it to generic. I did this with all of DVDFab's default settings selected. However, the person I emailed the 2D to 3D file to, could not get it to play on an HTC 3D capable phone. Maybe just user error. Will let you know. I can play the files I make in a stereoscopic player ( referenced on this site).

The bad news is that if I ever try to convert a generic h.264/mpeg4 file, without chapters, using the MPEG4 setting offered through "video converter" I receive write error messages. Mr. Wilson has wrote stating there is a bug in DVDFab and they are aware. I don't know of a timetable for repairs.

In the end I could just be going about this in all the wrong ways. I'm open to suggestions on how to convert 100 h.264/mpeg4 files, without chapters, into some cool 3D movies.
        Last edited by finook; 09-19-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

This is a follow-up to my post above. The video converter no longer converts. I am using the most recent install of DVDFab. It is from Sept. 15. After five attempts, the converter stops converting at 84.85%. At each and every attempt. I have tried to convert to HTC Droid using DVDFab's own internal default settings. I've also tried to convert to MEPG4. Insane I know. Mr. Wilson could not get the video converter to work either. He attempted to convert from a download link I gave him. Below is the location of the file I am attempting to download. I am using the mobile version from this link.

LINK: http://seals.instahost.net/navy-swcc...-download.aspx

A log file from my recent attempts is attached. I will now try to convert using an older version of DVDFab. Will report success or failure. Last resort will be to try to convert from an ISO image of the file referenced above. If anyone can convert
          Attached Files

Comment

I downloaded the iPhone version to test and it did the same thing. These are probably not really great candidates for 3D conversion, the video bitrate is very low (0.083 b/p) and the aspect ratio is wrong. Don't know why it stalls, something in the original files I would suspect. Maybe the Team in Beijing can figure something out.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the same problem as you guys. I'm encoding an mpeg2 file with no chapters (using video converter) to a 3D MP4 and what happens is it starts off ok and then the fps gets slower and slower until it stops and thats it. Same result with mkv and other settings. Doesn't matter if I use CUDA or SOFTWARE the result is the same. All worked fine with 8105 and then I installed 8118 Beta and it all went bad. Tried 8120 and same issue also tried going back to 8105 and that now doesn't work either. Seems like some form of codeing issue like it's leaking memory or resource by the looks of how it grinds down to a halt. When on software you can see the cpu resource being untilized draining down.
              Appreciate someone fixing please.

Richard

Comment

Ok found the problem.

Uninstall MS KB2570947 (Security Update) and it all works fine so if DVD Fab can find a fix for that asap I ran re-install that update.

Hope that helps

Richard

Comment

Cancel my last - weird one this as after I unistalled KB 2570947 I was able to encode a complete file. Then when I rebooted the PC it was back as it it was. Hopefully that will give someone a clue.

Richard

Comment

Just re-posting to stay in the loop on problem + solution. I downloaded and installed the most recent beta on record. I am still having the exact issue that rconnew is having. After purchasing 2D to 3D I was provided a download link. I was able to successfully convert the exact file I've been writing about. However, after updating to the most recent releases I can't convert. It's very hit and miss. I don't agree with Signals take on bit depth, etc. I only say this because I did get a successful conversion. But only once.

Will keep trying and posting success vs. failure until something sticks.

Comment

Working...
                    X