VCR tape to DVD disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCR tape to DVD disc

I have many, many, VCR tapes that I would like to transfer to DVD.
    I do have a machine (BestBuy) that will do this,...however, some tapes are "protected". Does DVDFAB have a way around this problem?

Depends on the type of protection, but it is doubtful. The protection on tapes is usually analog. You will probably need a "stripper" device to copy them. Some of the USB video capture devices will strip the protection and allow copying.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, I guess that answers that!...
      I do have a "stripper" as you call it, "Dazzle" is its name, however, the file size from a vcr tape (.AVI) is a monster...24.3 GB ("captured" to the HD)
      There's no way in hell I, or anyone, could put that on a dvd. (I know that I won't live long enough) to wait.
      I know that its been done...but how, is the question.

thanks for your time!

Comment

The Dazzle is a capture device but may not necessarily be a stripper. If it is making 24GB AVIs, I think you have a problem in the settings somewhere. See what the manual says or contact them and ask if it strips the VBI (vertical blanking interval) of the source video to remove the analog macrovision protection.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X