Before I buy, is this the one I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I buy, is this the one I need?

It's been so long since I've used the converter that my key has expired. Is video converter the one I need if I'm wanting to make sure I get rid of the stupid black bars on the left and right sides? It seems most of my dvd's are 4:3 and I want to fill the screen to fit my new 1080p 16:9 television. I know I'm probably going to lose some quality, but I just hate those bars - top and bottom are ok, not on the sides...can't have it.

Video Converter? or another DVDFab product? help...

scatterbrane,

so are you trying to convert the video to a widescreen? you got to edit the video to fill up that widescreen gap. youre not only going to loose quality but picutre as well. i would advise to keep as is. dvd's look really bad when upconverted to 1080p. i would suggest on investing on blu rays from now on. dvds are a thing of the past... history...

Comment

That's a nice theory, but not feasible for me. I have several hundred dvd's and not even half of them are even available in blu-ray. Even if they all were, it would cost a mint to replace them all. I also have lots of TV shows that I'd like to get the best picture out of. With no option in new TV's these other than widescreen, there should be a way of converting these classic TV shows/movies, fill the screen and have a decent picture. Besides, won't watching movies for long periods of time with the black bars on the sides eventually burn the bars into the TV screen?

I did find the answer to my question, though: I don't need Converter to do encode to mp4 or mkv or whatever container I want, just the Ripper.

Comment

To process or convert DVDs you need DVD Ripper (to zoom or manipulate the black bars), not Video Converter.
        Originally posted by skatterbrane View Post
        It's been so long since I've used the converter that my key has expired. Is video converter the one I need if I'm wanting to make sure I get rid of the stupid black bars on the left and right sides? It seems most of my dvd's are 4:3 and I want to fill the screen to fit my new 1080p 16:9 television. I know I'm probably going to lose some quality, but I just hate those bars - top and bottom are ok, not on the sides...can't have it.

Video Converter? or another DVDFab product? help...
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X