Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable Rip Home Video DVD to IPAD or MPEG4

Hi
    I purchased the DVD ripper product, because I want to convert my home movies such as weddings, holidays etc. to MPEG4 etc. so I can play it on my IPad, IPhone etc.

I have tried converting to different formats such as IPAD, IPhone, and AVI but when I playback the converted file the picture is corrupted, distorted and has wavy lines on it, therefore not able to view or play the new recording.

The home dvd that I tried to convert has been stored in a folder on the dvd called VIDEO_TS and folder contains files such as VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.VOB. This home dvd was created using my Panasonic VCR which records dvd's from Videos.

Is DVDFab Ripper the right product to use to work with the files I have mention above?
    I am using the right convert formats?

I have also tried Video Converter which I thought might be what I need but every time I tried using it, it keeps crashing.

Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks Julian

Hi Badjjl
    Yes, you are using the correct product.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also, download and install MediaInfo (FREE) and use it to inspect the format of the source files.

Post that info here.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks guys for replying, here are the log files attached.

I did attempt to download MediaInfo but my virus checker blocked it.

Thanks again
        Attached Files

Comment

We may need the data from MediaInfo to be able to help you, the virus alert is a false positive. Download from this page, be sure to choose the correct version for your OS: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaInfo
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Guys

Please find attached a text file from MediaInfo as requested. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X