This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Experiences (not good)

Tried the newest 8.1.8.5 and tried a few .flv to .avi conversions. Good news was the converter actually finished some conversions this time. Previously DVDFab would either hang through the conversions or just plain crash.

Bad news was when trying to play the conversions the sound was normal and the video was around 3 times faster than normal. So the video would complete and the sound would still be playing. Tried this on 3 different videos with the same result. On one conversion I set it to high quality double pass and WMP would not even play that one (encountered a problem ............).

This converter part of DVDFab has not worked properly for me since I bought it a when it first came out. Dunno, I've about given up on it. Have two other well known converters that work flawlessly with whatever conversion I can throw at them. For me, this one has been just plain junk. After my experiences with it since day 1, that's about all that's left for me to say about it.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Post the internal log, they need information to fix this problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the log.
      Attached Files
      I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Turn off your CUDA for a start and give it a go.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to run this program at a stripped down slower speed as a necessary option. That's just not acceptable to me. If it can't run Cuda with a top notch video card, something is seriously wrong in itself. I have two other top notch converters that run just fine with Cuda like they are supposed to. I don't need this program to work (as I have other options that do work), I just feel ripped off I spent money on this one where I have to have a pair of dice to roll each time I use it. They should have at least included the dice for the money. Sorry DVDFab, you made a good ripper but you flunked out big time on your converter.
          Last edited by Mike89; 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
            Sorry, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to run this program at a stripped down slower speed as a necessary option. That's just not acceptable to me. If it can't run Cuda with a top notch video card, something is seriously wrong in itself. I have two other top notch converters that run just fine with Cuda like they are supposed to. I don't need this program to work (as I have other options that do work), I just feel ripped off I spent money on this one where I have to have a pair of dice to roll each time I use it. They should have at least included the dice for the money. Sorry DVDFab, you made a good ripper but you flunked out big time on your converter.
            Unfortunately I have to agree with Mike. Please don't interpret that as a rant, but I have been on here many times complaining about the Converter recently. I will give the older version a go as suggested in another post, but as Mike has hinted, we have paid for something and would expect nothing less than for it to work "today", and work correctly..........not to do short-cuts, work-arounds, or some other alternate. I too have other absolutely perfect working other 'converting' software, so I am also not in a hurry, but the simple point is this, we did pay for this service and it isn't working, and we do feel a bit ripped off............sorry for feeling like that, but it is true.

Comment

Disabling GPU acceleration is useful for testing to isloate a problem.

You have both made your point, to excess. Thread closed.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X