My movies shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My movies shake

After I've downloaded some movies, the box was the latest one, the picture is jumpy. I've had this before and I checked the speed and nothing worked. Sometimes it is ok in real player but not I-tunes, this time its in both. Any ideas?

What do you mean you downloaded some movies?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

No response after an hour. Please read this before posting again: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?p=515#post515

Albert Einstein

Comment

OP verified via PM the movies were purchased, thread opened.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Please update to v8.1.8.7 and try it again. If it does not work correctly, we need more information, so post the DVDFab internal log for the attempt with v8.1.8.7. Why are you using Video Converter to process this movie? If you have the original in its native format (DVD or BD) you should be using one of the Ripper options.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Purchased movies are shaky, not shown in smooth transition

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Please update to v8.1.8.7 and try it again. If it does not work correctly, we need more information, so post the DVDFab internal log for the attempt with v8.1.8.7. Why are you using Video Converter to process this movie? If you have the original in its native format (DVD or BD) you should be using one of the Ripper options.
            I wasnt aware I was using video converter, I choose dvd ripper either blue ray or regular depending on type of disk and i choose to mp4 as my default. We have tons of movies purchased in the past and I want to save it to an external hard drive to use either on our ipod or tablet during deployment. Once it has been ripped I always hit play to be sure it has sound and looks good becasue a few times i have no sound or the picture is jumpy like voices dont match or the actors look like their doing the moon walk. I am not that savy within dvd fab, just the basics. I will download the beta version and see how it goes. I know there are so many options to choose, but I really dont know what each tick box does under the settings.

Comment

You posted in the Video Converter forum so I assumed that is what you were using. If DVD or BD Ripper is causing the problem, post in that forum after trying v8.1.8.7 if the output is not satisfactory.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just a few thoughts prior to creating a new thread.

I suspect you will not be happy with only one output file for both your iPods and iPads.

For eg., True Grit BD runs ~27 GB (main movie)
                I converted this with a iPad profile for my iPad3.
                On action flicks I tend to keep the kbps up at about 15,000.
                This yielded a file size of just under 12 GB.

Looks fantastic...runs perfectly.

However, when running this 27 GB file through an iPod profile,
                the resultant file size will max out at well under 3 GB.
                This, even with a maximum kbps of 2500 in this profile.

This is ok for the tiny iPod screen, but not so for the iPad

I never tried to play an iPod conversion on my iPad...but you get the idea.

I'm not sure what devices you and your ? husband (apologies for guessing)
                use more often ...maybe you'll have to output at least some of these flicks twice?

God Bless and stay safe
                Last edited by maineman; 06-22-2012, 10:48 PM. Reason: Just old age....sigh...
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                X