How do you (simply) convert dvd to mp4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you (simply) convert dvd to mp4?

What is the eaisest way to convert a dvd straight to mp4? This should be a simple 1 click operation. Iam trying to get mp4's to put on my touchpad running ice cream sandwich. I used to rip the dvd to my pc with dvd fab then use handbrake to convert the files in one click. I was hoping this would have ben simplified with v9. Any pointers?

Hi gmurphy03
    First you do not want to use video converter for this.
    What you will want to use is the ripper function in Fab.
    Open Fab, put your disc in your drive, select mp4, choose your other options like subpicture, audio and click start.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I would try an iPad mp4 the generic mp4 with aac audio will very likely have no sound on the device. Use an iPad h264 and you should be good to go at 1024x768.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I thought the ipad option was ipad/apple specific and would not play on anything but apple products. I will try it out tonight when I get home. Like the honda avatar pic. I ride a TLR.

Comment

Reminder: you should not be using Video Converter for this, see the post from CBR929. You should be using DVD or Blu-ray Ripper.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

screen was still up on converter. clicked ripper and its ben analyzing the title now for a good half hour. tried to close it. looks like its hung up. going to have to force close it. Yep it crashed. Still no luck. going to try once more

Comment

still no luck. after 3 days. epic wate of time. guess ill just do it the old fasion way. pretty disappointed.

Comment

What happens when you start DVDFab and go straignt to Ripper and try it? Same?? If so, please post a DVDFab internal log from one of these attempts.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X