Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special letters in subtitle are not recognized

Hi!

I'm using DVDFab (8.2.2.6) to convert some movies I have in MKV format to AVI (DivX).
    The process occurs with no erros, perfectly synchronized audio and picture.

The only problem I'm facing is when I insert a subtitle.

I click on the button "external subtitle settings" and select the file .srt tohard-coded with the movie. The subtitle is hard-coded with the AVI almost perfectly ... the only problem is that letters as "ã" and "õ" are replaced by a square. All other special letters like "ç", "á", "ê" are processed correctly.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

ps: the file. subtitles with srt is OK, because when I run the movie through VLC subtitle is displayed properly.

Thanks a lot

Reboot
    What language are these subs, Portuguese?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, portuguese.

Comment

As the subtitle file is actually a text file, I imagined it could be a coding problem. So, before hard coded using DVDFab, I tried to save the subtitle file with different encodings: ANSI, Unicode and UTF-8. Unfortunately I got the same result in three attempts (problem in characters and à Ç)

I really do not know what else to try ...

Comment

I will do some research on the problem. I seem to recall it happened once in the past.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, signals. Please, let me know if you find any way to fix that.

Comment

did you find something

Comment

Originally posted by murla470 View Post
                did you find something
                Did you adjust the subtitle settings after you add the srt file?
                Please send a copy of the .srt file to us, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X