No cropping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cropping?

Well, I feel like I just wasted $60 on Video Converter.

I have a boatload of .mkv files from Blu-Rays that I wanted to convert to AppleTV.

Unlike Blu_ray Ripper, Converter doesn't auto-detect when a 2.35:1 movie is on a 1920x1080 raster. And, to add insult to injury, if I go and turn on custom cropping it doesn't actually render that way!

Please fix this so I didn't waste my $60....

Do you mean that the output does not match what is shown in the output preview box in the upper right side of the Edit page?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Do you mean that the output does not match what is shown in the output preview box in the upper right side of the Edit page?
      Yes. you can move the cursors to eliminate the black bars, but when it outputs, it keeps the original aspect ratio and the black bars just like you told it not to crop

Comment

It may be something in the profile you are using, please tell us which one. What are you using to test the playback? And what is the title of the movie?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          It may be something in the profile you are using, please tell us which one. What are you using to test the playback? And what is the title of the movie?
          I'm using the "stock" apple TV 3 profile. I'm using both Window Media Player and VLC.

If I open the original Blu-ray and rip using this profile, it will crop... in fact it will AUTOMATICALLY crop when a 2.35:1 or 1.77:1 movie is on a 1920x1080 canvas. It only seems to be when I load a file via Converter (in this case a mkv that came from a Blu-Ray) that not only does it not determine that cropping needs to happen, but even if I set the crop manually it won't actually.

Not sure why it matters, but it's been many movies: A Bug's Life, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, All three Indiana Jones Movies....

Comment

Stewie

I don't have any of the titles you listed, but I tried converting Prince of Persia (2.37:1) from one format to another using Automatic cropping and it worked fine with no black bars encoded. It does show black bars when played with VLC, but it is a function of VLC's settings. No black bars when played with TMT5 or when VLC is set for "Always Fit Window" under Video or with DVDFab Media Player when the window is 2.37:1 in aspect. Maybe it is a player setting? (Capture attached from Fab Player).

This file did not begin as an MKV as yours did, I use m4v/mp4 for everything.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X