Converted video will not play on Vizio E601i-A3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted video will not play on Vizio E601i-A3

I have been making backup copies of my blurays using makeMKV and Handbrake for a few years now without any problems, other then the time frame it takes to do so. I recently upgraded to an asus zenbook prime ux31a-dh71 with a core-i7 and 256gb SSD and a usb liteon eSEU206 bluray reader. I can rip the bluray to a MKV in about 15 minutes but handbrake still takes about 2 hours for a 720p convert.

Doing some research I came across dvdfab and was stoked about the time it took to take a 25GB MKV to a 5GB mv4 but it will not play through my tv. I have a 2TB external hard drive plugged into the usb port on the TV and it plays every handbrake video file with ease but won't play any dvdfab convert regardless of what profile I use.

These are all the things I have tried. I have tried using the converter to go from a MKV to a ipad3.h264.multichannel, mp4.h264.aac, mkv.passthrough, mkv.h264.ac3. apple TV3, iPad.h264.multichannel, and mp4.h264.aac. Every time I attempt to play the converted video on my tv I get an audio and video codec not recognized error. I have also tried going from bluray straight to mp4.h264.aac using the dvdfab ripper. Same result. I have also changed the settings from using my GPU to decode to strictly software and still doesn't play. I also tried to play it through my wdtv on my tv and the video plays but the audio is choppy.

Any help is appreciated.

The profile you are using in DVDFab may have some codec settings that are not supported by your TV. A shortcut might be to let MediaInfo analyze one of the DVDFab encodes vs one you made with other software that plays OK and look at the differences. If you don't have MediaInfo, it is a free tool, just google and download it. Also, see if the DVDFab files will play on your PC with DVDFab Media Player or VLC. If you post the MediaInfo results, someone might be able to suggest a profile for you to try. It would help to have a list of the video file specs for the TV if you have them (or a link to them somewhere).

You should be using BD Ripper instead of Video Converter for this. And v9.0.4.5 of DVDFab for the latest improvements.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've got the same smart tv, same problem. All it says is codec not supported. I've tried everything. It's a crap shoot with files from bittorents. Some work some don't

Comment

Hi stephen67
        We will not discuss movies downloaded from torrent sites.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I also tried to play it through my wdtv on my tv and the video plays but the audio is choppy.
          Never attach a WDTV Live directly to your TV. It should be hooked up like this using HDMI cables:
          WDTV => A/V Receiver => LCD or Plasma TV
          Like this you get the optimal audio out of it, i have done so and has zero audio problems what so ever.

Comment

This may be a bug in Fab seems outboard players are having trouble also playing Fab made converts.This problem is confirmed by Fab staff and submitted to developers so wait for a fix as I believe these can be related problems.

Comment

Working...
            X