X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setings

Hi
    I have made my self a new HTPC and am using PLEX to view my media content
    and want to covert my DVD collection on to my hard drive i am led to believe that MKV is the best for Quality? i have tried a few different settings with no successes

when i convert to MKV trying different settings i get weird frame delay / jumping or when there is dark scene it gos blocky.
    File size dos not mater to me just the Quality i have got dvdfab 8 i have not used the DVD to file convert much and all the settings confuses the hell out of me lol can any one help me??

Thanks for any input you guys might have

Make sure you are not using DXVA or CUDA on your player. There is a problem and it's being worked on. I tried some hardware acceleration on my software player and get the same thing you do as soon as I set everything to software the MKV plays perfectly.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Make sure you are not using DXVA or CUDA on your player. There is a problem and it's being worked on. I tried some hardware acceleration on my software player and get the same thing you do as soon as I set everything to software the MKV plays perfectly.
      Thank you for the reply sorry not to shore what you mean as i am a bit new to all of this lol is there a easy way for me to do a good quality rip from the dvd to a file MKV dvix vob avi e.t.c

Thank you for your help

Comment

You should use the DVD Ripper module and select any profile that uses h264, it does not need to be MKV, i.e. you can make AVI, MP4 etc. Post in the Ripper forum if you need help, I am closing this thread.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X