Last source file opened remains locked after the queue has finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last source file opened remains locked after the queue has finished

The last input file processed in the task queue remains locked after the queue has finished.

I encoded a series of file in mp4(h265).

The only way to free the file is to close DVDFab.
    Starting a new encoding doesn't free the locked file.

This prevents me from deleting the source file and Windows 8.1 clearly identify the lock owner has DVDFab.

Yes, we have to close DVDFab and then delete the source if the source is opened in DVDFab.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

My point is that in some conditions, DVDFab doesn't release the file when it has finished working with it while in other situations it does so properly.

It looks like a memory leak involving a windows file handle.

Comment

Are you clicking the "Finish" button after the tasks complete?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, the "Finish" button is clicked.
          A new task list is then launched. The file remains locked.

It does not happens 100% of the time, maybe 90% in my use case.

Here is the use case where it is the most likely to happen.
          Task queue is filled with about 10 tasks to do.
          The last item added is the one likely to remain locked.
          Since the processing can take a while, it is likely that I will have to "Pause" the processing to put the laptop in sleep mode, then restart the processing when the laptop is plugged again.
          The source for every entry will deletable once the entry's processing is done, except the last one, which will remain locked until DVDFab is completely closed.

Comment

This must be a task queue issue, I can't duplicate it using just a single file. From what Wilson said, they have reproduced it and will get an answer.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X