Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Queue rarely completes

A little help please....

Running 9.1.8.3, and setting up the converter queue from files on PC HDD to convert to Apple TV M4V video files. I start the task queue, then it rarely ever finishes.

Most of the time it stops at the end of one of the video files, and sits there with the Time Elapsed counter continuously running higher, and the Time Left sits at 00:00:00. I can never tell at which file it's going stop. It's just random when it chooses to stop.

Then to get it to start up again I have to close the program, reload the task queue and start it. Wait until it stops and go through the process again.

This also happens when I use the ripper to create Apple TV M4V files, not just the converter.

Is this typical, or is something wrong?

If it's typical, is there some way to keep the task queue items that are left over when shutting down the program so that I don't have to go and set up files again and again?

If you can find the internal log session from one of these instances please attach it to a post, it will be difficult to assist you without it. Instructions in my sig.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have seen that problem as well.
      When the UI freeze like that, it's the process Fabcore.exe that has crashed.
      When that happens the UI sits there forever, waiting for a notification from that process that will never come.

As for why fabcore.exe crashed, let's see the logs.

Comment

Which log files do you want?

Also, my dvdfab_internal.log is over 2MB in size even after I cut about half of it out. You want that too?

Comment

Yes, it is dvdfab_internal.log.

If you have difficulty sorting out what is relevant to the issue, you can rename your existing log for backup, like adding the .bak extension to it.
          This will create a new dvdfab_internal.log the next time you run DVDFab.

If you do this right before your test, you will ensure that it contains only the logs relevant to the said test.

Comment

Same problem here

I'm also experiencing the same problem.
            I've only had time to do some quick testing, but this is what it seems like so far:

- It does not happen all the time (I've tested twice with the same 4 hour file, and only had 1 file in queue both times. First time it froze at 72%, now it's at 85% and still working).
            - To me, it seems like the freeze happens when the machine is locked (WIN+L).
            Attaching log. It froze around 71%/72%.

Comment

Trying again with attachment.. Last upload timed out.
              Attached Files

Comment

More logs

It also happens when the computer is not locked.
                Attaching another log.. Tried to attach a video also, but it won't upload, even after zipping it. If some admin wants it, send me a PM and I could send an download link through wetransfer or something.
                I'm not able to convert any video anymore.. It fails all the time.
                What happens:
                The FPS converted just keeps dropping and dropping.. When the remaining time turns 23:59:59 it just says time left : 00:00:00.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X