Video downloader proble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video downloader proble

I am having problems with Video Downloader.

All processes go as normal - the video download status bar shows the video being downloaded - but the video immediately seems to be deleted, and does not get stored on my computer.
    I therefore cannot load it into DVDFab converter.

I am Running XP Pro SP3 with absolutely no other problems with Fab Copy Or Ripper modules.

Converter works perfectly as well - just cannot get downloaded files to store on my computer.

Please any advice would be grateful.

Thanks

It may be that the default storage location is not available in XP, so try setting it for a location that you know you can access. As shown in the attached capture, I set up a folder on my desktop for the downloader to use. You have to be connected to an online source for the download target option to become available.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Problem saving downloads

Signals,

Thanks for some advice and your time to help.

I have tried everything that you suggested and also a complete uninstall/reinstall but with no luck.

The downloaded videos will just not save onto my hard drive. I have tried all sorts of paths to save to but nothing works.

Just to see if it was XP I loaded FAB to my wife's PC. She has the same motherboard as me and also running XP Pro. Worked perfectly on her rig.
      Very strange.

Given up, but thanks for your help.

Comment

Solved

Thought I would just report back on the problem I was having.

Resolved the problem when I suddenly got an error message about an msvcr100.dll file missing or corrupt.

Downloaded the file, ran it and problem sorted.

Great to be able to use the video downloader again.

Comment

Thanks for the updated report, glad it is OK. Handy feature.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Follow Up

I did a little more investigating to try and find what had happened to that missing file.

Turns out it is part of Microsoft Visual C++

Somehow this whole thing got removed from my PC - how and when not sure, and what program I uninstalled that removed the MV C++ I do not know.

Anyway after re-installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 all is fine. Working like a charm.

Obviously DVDFab Downloader needs Microsoft Visual to work.

Loving my working downloader.

Comment

Working...
            X