Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting VOB files to MP4 not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting VOB files to MP4 not working.

I have just purchased DVDFab Video Converter and I am trying to "Convert" VOB files that I ripped some time ago with DVDFab Ripper on my PC to MP4. When I try and "Add" the VOB files to the Converter, I am having some bizarre results, none of which are working.

If I drag and drop a folder containing VOB, BUP and IFO files into the Converter, it switches to "Copy".

If I drag and drop the VOB files (the only files it allows to be dragged) into Converter (for example 5 VOBS) 4 of the files in the Converter show a running time of say 25 minutes (acceptable) but the other file shows a running time of 25 "HOURS".

If I drag and drop a single VOB into the converter, it shows for example, a running time of 3 seconds.

I have yet to have a successful conversion. Does any one have any idea what is going on?

Is there a recommended successful method to convert single and multiple VOB files to a single MP4 file?

Sounds like you are trying to use converter when you should be using ripper. Converter will change a vob to mp4 if the vob was made with ripper, if you have a folder with vob, bup and ifo files in it use ripper to make an mp4.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm sure I tried that before and it didn't work hence I thought I had to use Converter. Stupid me!!

I'll persist with Ripper - thanks.

Comment

OK, so I have played with "Ripper" in a little more detail and I have come across what appears to be a problem.

DVDs that I had previously ripped to multiple VOB files on my PC, "Ripper" converts/rips these to a single MP4 a treat, however DVDs previously ripped to a single VOB file, "Ripper" only rips/converts a small portion of that file to an MP4, but says it completes successfully.

Are there any settings or any other tricks that need to be performed to rip a complete VOB to MP4

Comment

For a single VOB you might need to use converter on that one. Give it a try.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried using Converter on a single VOB, but the "Runtime" showed 00:00:03 and the File Size in "Output" showed 1MB. So I started the process anyway and:

FabCore.exe and FabProcess.exe were fluctuating between a combined 50-75% CPU.
            Encoding Fps was ticking over @ ~25
            Time Elapsed displays 00:00:00 throughout
            Time Left displays 00:00:00 throughout
            There is no % in the Task Progress
            After about 15 minutes:
            FabCore.exe drops to 0% CPU
            FabProcess.exe continues at a constant 25% CPU
            FPS slowly starts dropping to zero

The process appears to never end and has to be terminated.

I don't think is the desired result....

Comment

Something else going on then. I just made a vob and then used converter to make an mp4 and it's all good. Post the internal log.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Scratch that the A/V sync is so far off I can't even tell how far off it is?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, so I've got a couple of single VOBs to convert using Converter.

I'm now guessing that there must be some corruption in the meta data of most of my single VOB files as as previously stated, when I load a certain file into Converter, it tells me that the Runtime is only 3 seconds and the file size only 1MB, however the entire movie is viewable in media players. The strange thing is though, that when I load this movie indirectly into a media player, it also tells me that the duration is 3 seconds even though the movie runs its full course of 95 minutes!?!?

I have had varying load results with different movies, some complete the conversion, some don't, so I'm guessing this is not a current technical issue with DVDFab, but maybe there was something bizarre when I first ripped these dvds using Ripper to single VOBs in the first place some time ago. No way of knowing now as the software has gone through many itterations and I no longer have the dvds.

Does this seem logical?

Comment

Here's the problem I'm having so far... I can convert the video portion of a .vob file with no problem but it is having problems with the audio portion. It either comes out scratchy or just a steady 2khz buzz. It does not matter weather I use the default settings or tell it to retain the PCM audio portion.

Comment

What are you using to play the file?
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Any word on verifying whether converter can in fact convert TS folders (multiple VOB files) to MP4? Thinking of buying the video converter and remember trying the free trial version and I don't think it would let you select more than 1 VOB file for the conversion???
                        Thanks, Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X