Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.265 Hardware encoding

Support DVDfab H265 Hardware encoding ?

And witch and nvidia videocard support this feature ? (Maxwell 2.0?)

more info here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/h265.htm

Comment

i've read this 10 times...

the text say nothing about my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by errorflash View Post
        i've read this 10 times...

the text say nothing about my questions.
        Hmmm...

So... How many graphics cards actually support H.265 (HEVC) hardware encoding and decoding?
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

DVDFab does not currently support it. The last time I looked at the nvidia website, only Maxwell based models support it and the only GeForce model mentioned by name was the 980.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The NVIDIA Document isn't Actual. This time 4 Nvidia GTX Cards are abel to Encode H265.
            Hardware enc und decode GTX950, GTX960,
            Hardware enc and soft/hard decode GTX970 and GTX 980.
            And on november also the new GT940.
            I think it's time to think about hardware H265 encoding.

Comment

What is your source for this information? Please provide a link to an official list or announcement. DVDFab has of course been working on it already, don't be foolish.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello, I think gtx 970/980 is ok for H.265.
                the information for gtx 950/960 was on diffrent review like this:

Comment

Thanks Axe, as noted, they are working on this already.

Comment

Hello,
                    the new HEVC - Hardware-Funktion is out (DVDFAB 9.2.2.1 Beta). When i try to encode with my GTX 950, only the software encoder starts.
                    In the changlog i see only GeForce GTX 960/970/980 video cards for Hardware encoding.
                    in common settings i see:
                    Graphics Chipset :
                    Note: To enable Intel Quick Sync technology, you must switch to Intel HD Graphics.
                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 Driver Version: 10.18.13.5906

Supported Video Codecs :
                    CUDA_MODE_H264
                    CUDA_MODE_VC1
                    CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
                    CUDA_MODE_HEVC
                    DXVA_MODE_H264
                    DXVA_MODE_VC1
                    DXVA_MODE_MPEG2

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

But - DVDFAB do'nt encode with HEVC with Hardware.
                    What can i do?

Comment

The GTX 950 is not on the list of supported graphics cards, it starts with the 960. I have a GTX 980 and it works great, I just did a BD to H265 mp4 in 13 minutes!
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

The GTX950 is has the same chip then the GTX960.
                        With other HEVC Hardware Transcoder like HYBRID, XMEDIA RECODE, STAXRIP and MediCoder Work this CARD great, but I like DVDFAB.
                        The GTX950 hase the same cabability then GTX960 - only les 769 CUDA Engine!

Comment

I have a look in the NVIDIA SDK for NVENC Coding, was i need is a little little change from DVDFAB Programmer - the GTX950 in the List of supportet Cards. The GTX950 and the GTX960 have the same NVENC decode an encode engine of the Grafikchip!!

Comment

All I can tell you is it works on my 980, beyond that you need to talk to a developer.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

How

Comment

Working...
                              X