Keep Original Created File Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Original Created File Date

Hi, After trying out a few conversions, I was disappointed to see that the file creation date and modified date are both set to the current date and time. I'm converting a bunch of old family videos from years ago and would like to keep the original dates on the files so I know when the videos were taken.

I couldn't find a setting for this. If there isn't one, could this be a checkbox option added to the software?

Thanks,
    Brandon

They are given the creation date because that is when they are made. There are two possible workarounds for this built into DVDFab:

1) Put the original creation date in manually in the filename for each one, as shown in the first capture. Only takes a few seconds.

2) Use the Watermarking feature to display the date and other info in the video itself, on the screen. This is permanent and can't be lost or changed. You can position it anywhere in the frame and choose the size and other characteristics. The green lines around the box are not included in the watermark, they represent the edit area.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. Your first idea also has another benefit. Sometimes when copying files over the years, or restoring backups, file dates get lost anyways. By putting it in the file name itself, you can't lose it regardless of what happens to your files being moved/copied/restored etc.

Comment

Working...
      X