x265 Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x265 Settings

I am looking to convert quite a few x264 mkv's to x265. I want to keep the audio and video quality the same as the source, similar to the mkv pass through profile.

What are the best settings to use for this?

Thanks

I would try the "Standard" setting first. It will provide a great saving in file size for little or no penalty in image quality. If you want to experiment, choose the Custom setting and gradually move the bitrate slider up or down to produce changes in the bits per pixel readout. Begin at 0.15 b/p, higher favors image quality, lower means a smaller file.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I find the standard setting is fine most of the time without messing with anything else. From time to time I use the high quality setting, I don't think you'd notice difference though. Hopefully you have some kind of hardware assistance for this, otherwise you'll be doing this for a long time!

Comment

Thats great, thanks guys. I have some files that are already encoded in x265 that I want to convert to mkv's, when doing it in the past with 264's I just used mkv pass through but it doesn't work with the x265 files.

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Comment

Working...
        X