Converting MKV immediately ends with no output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting MKV immediately ends with no output

I'm trying to convert an MKV of Toy Story 2 using Video Convertor. Whatever output format I select, the process immediately ends with 'Process completed successfully!' but with no output file. The same happens when I try to convert from a VOB file. Both MKV and VOB are passthru rips of that Disney DVD.
    This is what the log shows. Note the 230ms between WorkStatus_Start and Finished.

[log moved to attachment]

BTW, the reason I try to convert this way, is that DVDFab, after all these years, still does not properly rip Disney DVDs. I always get audio/frame hickups throughout every Disney movie. They are also always at the same place. Ripping to passthru VOB or MKV results in a good rip though, which I can play back with e.g. Media Player Classic.
    Attached Files

Hi Fabio,
    The log you supplied was incomplete, it also showed you were converting Toy Story 3, not 2 (?). Please attach the complete log session, instructions are linked in my sig, in the blue link below left. Some Disney movies cause problems for pathplayer due to the FastPlay menus system that they use, but ToyStory 2 or 3 should be fully supported.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, thanks. Sorry, yes it was Toy Story 3. I'm now trying with a complete reinstall of DVDFab as it turned out I have the problem with just any conversion of any MP4 video file. It also looks like DVDFab is not able to detect a GPU, while it should detect Intel QuickSync.
      If reinstall does not fix it, I will follow your guide for providing logs.

Comment

Good news. Reinstall (with deletion of personal prefs) did solve the problem. DVDFab now also correctly detects GPU/IQS.

Comment

Glad to hear it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Unfortunately had to revert back to software decoding (my system doesn't support HW encoding for HEVC). For some reason, sometimes conversion will end prematurely (with 'success') resulting in a corrupt or no output file. With software I don't have the problem, and I don't think it's that much slower anyway.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with 10.0.6.5 Video Convertor and NVidia GTX1060 (latest drivers, Windows 7 64-Bit)
              I'm trying to re-encode existing TV episodes (1080p, x264, mkv) to H265.
              When using CUDA, conversions complete instantly and say "finished" but there is no output. I have tried H265 and H265 10Bit and both have the same issue.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem with 10.0.6.8 But it seems that for me the problem is the Audio of 48 Khz
                If I remove the audio out of the MKV, it finishes correctly.

0m 00.28s: warning: audio info: index 1, codec_id 86061, channels 8, bitrate 0, sample_rate 48000, format 2, bit_per_sample 0, frame_size 0
                0m 00.29s: warning: audio info: index 2, codec_id 86019, channels 6, bitrate 384000, sample_rate 48000, format 8, bit_per_sample 0, frame_size 0
                0m 00.30s: warning: audio info: index 3, codec_id 86061, channels 8, bitrate 0, sample_rate 48000, format 2, bit_per_sample 0, frame_size 0
                0m 00.30s: warning: audio info: index 4, codec_id 86019, channels 6, bitrate 384000, sample_rate 48000, format 8, bit_per_sample 0, frame_size 0

Comment

I have the same issue with 10.0.7.6 and my Nvidia GTX970 trying to just take H.264 AVC mp4 and convert to a different bit-rate. The one workaround I have found it to only have the Cuda do the video encoding but let software do the video decoding. That appears to work. Would be nice to have a fix though.

Comment

Took the holiday period to do a full clean reinstall of my Surface Pro 3. Current state is that it is still pretty fresh including a fresh install of DVDFab 10.0.7.6.
                    Again I'm running into issues, now with Toy Story 1 and 2. Weird enough, I got 3 converted without problems. Am now focussing on Toy Story 3, which ripped fine to MKV. However, conversion always fails. Weird thing is that it fails in different ways. Even two subsequent runs without changing DVDFab settings, will result in a different fail.
                    The failures always exhibit themselves as a popup that says that the conversion completed. However, sometimes this is accompanied by a popup stating the program crashed and that I can submit extra info for the developers (which I submit). The time at which it crashes is however never the same. Sometimes conversion already aborts after 2 minutes, other times it can take as much as 30'.

The annoying thing is that I definitely have been able in the past to get a conversion working for all three Toy Story movies. However, I was redoing them now, as I initially converted them at the wrong resolution. So now with a clean install, I'm running into problems again.

PS: checked the log and it's always the same error that reoccurs : error: filter name(filter_vtransform), type(4), id(17), get fatal exception
                    Last edited by FabioD; 01-05-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble, we are working on a new version of DVDFab, please kindly wait and have a try.

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Originally posted by FabioD View Post
                        Am now focussing on Toy Story 3, which ripped fine to MKV.
                        Actually this is a typo. It's Toy Story 2 that I was talking about. So Toy Story 3 had no problem with ripping to MKV and then converting to MP4. But tried many things with Toy Story 2 and the conversion from MKV to MP4 always fails at some point (which always seems to be a different point).

Comment

Working...
                        X