This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on converting vob to mkv h265

Hello, I had a issue where no of them were working so I reinstalled the 64bit version(and deleted prefs) and that fixed most of them but I am still unable to convert one vob.
    All others vobs from the same disc converted successfully so thinking it is the vob file I re-extracted it and got the same result, then trying to convert the file it just stops at 0% and have to force shutdown the program to exit.
    version: 10.0.6.8
    Attached Files

If these VOBs are part of a DVD-Video disc, you should use DVD Ripper to make the conversion. They may contain material that is out of sequence or otherwise not playable. Also, if they have Cinavia, it won't be removed in Video Converter. Also, if the VOBs are encrypted, Converter can't' process them, it does not decrypt.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The vobs were encrypted but i have extracted and decrypted them(dvdfab confirms that they are no longer encrypted), all other four discs and all their vob were successful converted to MKV without dvd ripper, I guess the is something in the vob that causes a bug in dvdfab, bugger but thanks anyway

Comment

Hello, I worked around the problem by using handbrake to convert the vob file to mkv then use dvdfab convert it to mkvh265. I still dont see why dvd fab was unable to convert it.

Comment

You might try merging or joining the decrypted .vobs into one large .vob .
          I would need to check and see if DVDFab Merge function will do this.
          If not there is other freeware software that will.
          The bonus in doing it this way is usually there is no encoding when merging the .vobs.
          When you use HandBrake it does encode when doing the conversion to .mkv.
          Every extra encode can and usually does result is some quality loss.

Comment

Hey Cholla, I was doing the merge of the vob files in dvd fab, Handbrake(freeware) also does encoding

Comment

kenpachizero ,
              I checked and the "Merge" function in DVDFan DVD Copy doesn't merge .vob files.
              It is for merging two DVD discs.

I don't have DVDFab DVD Converter.
              Maybe it can merge the .vob files into one large .vob.
              If it can do that without encoding then do that .
              Then convert the single .vob to mkv 265.

You should be able to tell if the .vobs are being encoded when creating the single .vob by the time it takes.
              The software I use for this takes about 3 minutes to the 5 .vobs from a full movie.
              If I had a faster computer it would be less.

If DVDFab DVD Converter is taking longer that that to creat to single large .vob then it is encoding .

Comment

Hey Cholla, I dont not have the DVD copy program, I am solely using the converter program and merging multiple video files(not DVD's) together, I have not issue waiting time but 45mins for merging 4 1GB vob files(take 5 mins for that others) means that dvdfab has a bug in the converter because handbrake was able to convert the file with no issues

Comment

kenpachizero, please confine your comments to DVDFab software. This is a DVDFab forum and what the other software does or doesn't do is irrelevant to your issue.

How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    kenpachizero, please confine your comments to DVDFab software. This is a DVDFab forum and what the other software does or doesn't do is irrelevant to your issue.
                    Hello 90312, what can I provide to help dvdfab fix this bug?

Comment

@ kenpachizero ,
                      My apologies . I thought you had DVD Copy also.
                      Since in your first post you said you were "extracting" the .vobs from a disc.

DVDFab HD Decrypter .
                      The main limits it has is it doesn't compress to DVD5 and is about 60 days behind the paid version in the movies it decrypts.
                      https://www.dvdfab.cn/hd-decrypter.h...D=downloadpage

You might also give PassKey Lite a try.
                      https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-lite.h...D=downloadpage

I don't have DVDFab Video Converter so I have limited knowledge about using it.

My best guess is the problem .vob is still encrypted.
                      Why another software was able to create a .MKV from it I don't know.

If all you are trying to do is "merge" the .vobs .
                      There is software that will do the VobMerge for you.
                      Try Googgling this and see what you can find.
                      Last edited by cholla; 11-28-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I think your "bug" is using the wrong tool. Converter is the tool to change one file type to another, mp4 to mkv etc. Ripper is the right tool to convert a disc to a file for your device.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                          I think your "bug" is using the wrong tool. Converter is the tool to change one file type to another, mp4 to mkv etc. Ripper is the right tool to convert a disc to a file for your device.
                          Although DVDFab Video Converter does list .VOB as an input it doesn't list .VOB as an Output.
                          Unless .VOB is covered by ".etc" .

An individual .VOB as input should convert to another format such as .MKV h265 the OP is trying to do.
                          Even if this will only create partial videos of the entire disc (one for each .VOB) if the OP is satisfied with that Video Converter should be able to do this.

If the .VOB in question is actually decrypted.
                          It may show as decrypted but if an actual decrypter wasn't used for the "extraction" of the .VOBs.
                          The problem .VOB may be corrupt or still encrypted .

Of course if .VOB isn't an output option it shouldn't be in the Output options.
                          It probably isn't.

Also this is in the FAQs:
                          Can I convert source files to VOB files?

For the time being, DVDFab Video Converter does not support to convert source files to VOB files. We will support that in future versions.

Comment

Hi all, the vob file were encrypted and when i tried to convert the files dvdfab said that they were encrypted, i have since then decrypted them and dvdfab has converted 11/12 vob's successfully and is no longer saying that are encrypted. As converter lists vob as a input and i am outputting to mkv h265, i dont see why the converted has a issue remembering 11/12 were successfully converted from the SAME source using the same process to decrypt. Does it not concern you that dvdfab freeze during a conversion process?

Comment

My suggestion is to download and install DVDFab HD Decrypter that I linked.
                              Rip the DVD disc with it to your hard drive.
                              Then try Creator on the same number new .vob as the .vob that has been a problem.
                              If the encryption has been removed from the old .vob then something has corrupted it.

If there is a "bug" in Creator causing this then the developers will need to fix it.
                              I'm concerned about Creator freezing but there is nothing I can do about fixing it.

Since Creator has worked on all the other .vobs there has to be a reason it doesn't work on this one.
                              Even if another software did work.
                              Could be something like a subtitle track that Creator can't process.
                              That's a guess .

Comment

Working...
                              X