Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Cholla, I do have the HD decrypter installed but it says the dvd is encrypted, I think my best bet is to lodge a support ticket and hopefully they can fix the issue and no one else will have it as well. Thanks for you help Cholla

Comment

Your best bet is buying the "Ripper" module and use the right tool for the job. It decrypts too.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Your best bet is buying the "Ripper" module and use the right tool for the job. It decrypts too.
        Thank you 93012 for you persistence about the ripper module for DVD's, unfortunately I don't want to rip the whole DVD just the video(no menu as well) and the converter is the right tool to convert videos( as well as to alter the video/audio and fps settings) regardless of the source.

Comment

Originally posted by kenpachizero View Post
          I do have the HD decrypter installed but it says the dvd is encrypted
          Where does DVDFab HD Decrypter have the information that a DVD is encrypted ?

You should have the DVDFab GUI since you have DVDFab Converter.
          If you select the italiac "i" for the DVD you will see information like in the info.txt file I will post as an attachment.

To check to see if you are using DVDFab HD Decrypter in the drop down for common settings.
          This is selected in the upper right corner of the GUI.
          There is a bar over an arrow.
          Go down to License Info and select it.
          It should show if you have used the trial of DVD Copy.
          If you have I believe it will say "Expired".
          At the bottom of the list it will have HD Decrypter and sat "Never Expire".
          If it shows "Never Been Used" on the DVD Copy line you have not used the trial.

That being said.
          DVDFab HD Decrypter should decrypt this DVD not just tell you the DVD is encrypted.
          The only DVDs that DVDFab HD Decrypter won't decrypt are "New Releases" newer than 60 days.
          The other exception is if the specific DVD you are working with is not supported .
          If that is the case I believe all you need to do is report this to DVDFab support.
          Again the DVD has to have been released at least 60 days.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, let's straighten this out.
            • Video Converter does not decrypt anything, licensed or not..
            • Even if the VOBs are decrypted, Converter is a poor choice for converting a DVD, you will likely wind up with output that repeats segments in different languages or are out of sequence, since Converter does read the IFO files to see how the VOBs need to be stitched together to play the movie. See the post from 90312. Use the proper tool.
            • DVDs that require the newer Cloud decryption are not supported by HD Decrypter.
            • Only paid customers can open tickets for email support. Anyone can use the forum.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey signals,
              I did a test in a virtual environment to see if HD Decrypter still worked.
              It seemed to.
              I haven't used it in so long I had no idea what it still did.
              I'm certain the DVD I tested with was plenty old enough not to use Cloud decryption.
              I guess that is an additional limitation for HD Decrypter.
              I will keep this in mind if I recommend it.

While there may be no "open ticket" support for HD Decrypter.
              I would be surprised if someone with it e-mailed DVDFab and got no response.
              After all I would think the reason for giving HD Decrypter away is to encourage a person to eventually purchase some of DVDFab software.
              Completely ignoring or refusing any e-mail support wouldn't do that.

I don't believe that the OP thinks DVDFab Converter decrypts.
              It seems to be the only paid software he has from DVDFab.
              That is why I have been attempting to help him with it.
              Blind leading the blind since I don't have DVDFab Converter.

Converter isn't the tool I would choose for putting together a DVD .
              Although I'm certain if HD Decrypter was used correctly it could eliminate the language problem.
              By choosing just one language.

Of course DVD Ripper is a better tool for this.
              If the OP can afford it and wants to do this type of videos it would be a good investment.

It's always good to keep in mind that a person may have purchased as much as they can afford.
              Then need to work with what they have.

Comment

Thank you signals for your opinion, the dvd was released in 2000 but please stop, the converter does what is needs to and thank you for assuming i am not a paid customer

And a big thank you to Cholla for your support, I think you have helped alot

Comment

This had gone as far as it's going, you won't accept advice and help from those who know so nothing more can be gained. Thread is closed.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X