Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter doesn't create video files from my HD DVR

Hi!

The Converter doesn't create any video file of TS/MPEG files (HD quality) of my TechniSat TECHNICORDER ISIO SC (https://www.technisat.com/en_XX/TECH...52-1637-11410/). Recordings in SD quality work fine in the Converter.

The converting process with the H264 codec option stops "successfully" after 2, 3 seconds without creating any file. With the MPEG4 codec option the converting process is running without doing anything – the percentage in the Tast Queue Manager is always on 0%, "Time left" is always "00:00:00". It's still the same result – wheather the file size is 5 GB or just 100 MB.

I tried many different options and output file types. Without results.

By the way, converting audio files from TS/MPEG files in HD quality do work.

Can anybody help???

Fiorello

The Video Converter module has its own forum, I will move your thread there. Please scan one of the TS files with the free MediaInfo tool and attach the text file output to a new post, also the DVDFab internal log session from one of the failed conversions.

Also, please describe the result if you attempt to play one of the TS DVR files with VLC or Fab Player 5.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Also, what happens if you play one of these TS DVR files with a PC software player such as VLC or Fab Player 5?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

aren't video files from an HD DVR supposed to be encrypted in some way in order to prevent copying ??
        and does dvdfab even remove copy protection from DVR recorders.

Comment

Now I attached the needed log files...

Programs such as "Movavi Video Converter" are able to convert these files into MP4.

>aren't video files from an HD DVR supposed to be encrypted in some way in order to prevent copying ??

No, only the HD files of >private TV channels< (Sky, RTL...)! The HD files of the public TV channels and the SD files of the private broadcasting channels are not encrypted and can be copied to the PC to be stored, edited or watched.

>Also, what happens if you play one of these TS DVR files with a PC software player such as VLC or Fab Player 5?

I can watch all of these files!

Attached Files

Comment

I realized that the Video Converter doesn't convert MP4 to MP4, too! The same problem as described above. It seems to be a general problem... months ago in Version 10, now also in Version 11 (latest release). After removing DVDFab completely with all configurations, registry entries, and files, it's the same problem...

Comment

Hi Fiorello

Maybe you can upload one of the sources that has the conversion problem to our FTP, we will download and check it out. Thanks in advance.

Please kindly check PM for FTP info.

Comment

Working...
              X