Converter not finding subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter not finding subtitles

When converting a video with built in subtitles, 95% of the time, dvdfab converter doesn't find them and only gives the option of NONE and ADD EXTERNAL, so i am left using dvdfab to downsize videos and then using MKVToolNix to re-add the subtitles.
    I am not sure as to how long this issue has been happening, but I only just noticed it in 10.2.1.2, so I updated to 2.1.3 and it still happens. Was just wondering if this has been an issue for a long time or is it something new?

What is the subtitle format of the video file you tried to convert with DVDFab? Please use the free tool MediaInfo to analyze the source file and post the result here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      What is the subtitle format of the video file you tried to convert with DVDFab? Please use the free tool MediaInfo to analyze the source file and post the result here.
      This is from two different files, apparently dvdfab hates utf-8 as the ones that are ok are pgs.

File #1

Text
      ID : 3
      Format : UTF-8
      Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
      Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
      Language : English
      Default : No
      Forced : No

file #2

Text
      ID : 3
      Format : UTF-8
      Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
      Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
      Duration : 2 h 46 min
      Bit rate : 72 b/s
      Count of elements : 2404
      Stream size : 89.0 KiB (0%)
      Title : English (SDH)
      Language : English
      Default : Yes
      Forced : No
      Last edited by kradnam; 09-11-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Subtitle format not supported yet. I have referred your post to our developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Subtitle format not supported yet. I have referred your post to our developers.
          Thanks, hopefully it will be in a patch soon.

Comment

Attn kradnam

The subs problem exists for a long time..
            Using prog Vidcoder open source for 265 files and subs. Vidcoder is slower, no cuda use. but only few mins. Latest VC Beta versions are always ok. Actual 4.16 beta. Be aware of menu setup for each file, prog remembers last settings.

Comment

Attn Mona

Please add for your Developers H265 subs format ASS, Codec-id: S_TXT/ASS

Comment

I also had a subtitle problem when converting the MKV movie "Wonder (2017)" to MP4. When I used the wrench option "Direct Render to video", the resulting MP4 was unreadable in VLC. When I used the option "Remux to file", the resulting audio was garbled. I sent the original MKV file to the Help Desk, but I have not heard back from them yet on a solution. Hopefully soon.

Comment

.srt subtitles still not working properly on 11.0.0.4. At least they are found and can be selected (I use remux), but they are missing in the final video.
                  .vobsub subtitles work, they did before too (dvdfab v10).

Comment

Originally posted by alonsomosley View Post
                    .srt subtitles still not working properly on 11.0.0.4. At least they are found and can be selected (I use remux), but they are missing in the final video.
                    .vobsub subtitles work, they did before too (dvdfab v10).
                    Hi alonsomosley, your problem is not the same as the one reported in this thread, please start a new thread, post the related dvdfab_internal.log file and maybe a copy of the srt file to help check the problem, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X