Nvidia 2080 Ti H264 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia 2080 Ti H264 issue

Converter: MKV to MP4 using CUDA H264 specifically on the new Nvidia 2080 Ti fails during the conversion process (anywhere between 30 percent progress and 90 percent progress). This does not happen on my other Nvidia cards, only on Nvidia's latest and fastest card 2080 Ti. The failure is a results in a black screen. it is repeatable.

See if there is a newer driver than the one you have installed. The developers are at a meeting until next week.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am using the latest Nvidia driver released 2 days ago. i tried earlier drivers as well for the 2080 TI card. Same problem

Comment

Originally posted by paulserr View Post
        I am using the latest Nvidia driver released 2 days ago. i tried earlier drivers as well for the 2080 TI card. Same problem
        please send us dvdfab_internal log and fabcheck_internal log, thanks.

Comment

Problem Solved: After much testing and analysis, it is determined that H264 CUDA causes perhaps the most heat on the Nvidia (Zotac) 2080 Ti than any other application. This card from Zotac is overclocked by default. DVDFAB does a great job at using the CUDA in MKV to MP3 conversion and due to overclocking will cause the card to hit a GPU temp of 80+C. This causes the card to fail and cause a black screen. This is a fault of the Nvida card, and the 2080 Ti definitely has it share of heat problems across the board. They also don't like doing RMA's. But a rollback to the overclocking by using FIRESTORM for Zotac version of the card - setting the temp to not exceed 78C and rolling back the power to 70 percent makes the conversion successful every time. Thanks to the DVDFAB support staff for hanging in there with me. And shame on Nvidia for releasing and not wanting to support it's highest end card to people who spend more than 1,000 USD on it.

Comment

Working...
          X