Converter Module stripping Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter Module stripping Subtitles

I am using the Converter module to archive some lower bit rate copies of some MKV files. I have it set to lower video bit-rate, copy existing audio, and remux subtitles into file. I have verified that I have English subs checked in GUI. After running the conversion process, the Subtitles are gone. I have tried on several different MKV files. Not sure if this is a new issue, or been around for a while. I am going to try and check some older archives. Any ideas what might be going on?

Not sure about this, it would be good 1) to have the DVDFab internal log session from one of these conversions where the subs vanished and 2) upload one of the Source MKV files so the devs can try to duplicate the problem. Tips for supplying logs here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 I can send you info for the upload if you have time to do it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is a copy of the internal log. Please send my info on how to upload the file.

cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gbeiser View Post
        Here is a copy of the internal log. Please send my info on how to upload the file.

cheers
        Hi, the QA team checked your log to find that:

2019.04.25-10:48:56: info: drop not support subcodec(srt)

DVDFab does not support converting Srt subtitle within the source file. Thus the output file has no subtitle.

Please download an external SRT subtitle for the source file, then add that SRT subtitle to convert and see the result.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if the support for retaining SRT subtitles from the source video when using converting is a feature you will be adding? It seems weird that the converter can't support retaining a SRT file from the source file but supports adding another SRT file during conversion. SRT subtitles are in a huge number of movies so it would be great if this feature could be added or fixed.
          Thanks!

Comment

Following up on this. With further research I have found that if I extract the .srt subtitles from the original source first before converting the mkv video and then manually add them back to the conversion via the Add External Subtitle option the subtitles will remuxed into the file correctly. So obviously the issue is not with DVDFab converter not supporting the source's original SRT format because I'm adding exactly what was present in the original file back into the conversion as an External Subtitle and it works fine. Seems that something is just broken with detecting that the original source SRT subtitle is already present or valid. I see in the log file this message "info: drop not support subcodec(srt)" so the conversion app knows that it is a SRT subtitle and will even allow me to re-attach it if I extract it first. Any idea when this will be fixed as it is a huge pain to have to manually extract each subtitle with mkvextract first just so I can manually add it back in. Everything else in Converter works wonderfully for me but this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bwillym5 View Post
              Following up on this. With further research I have found that if I extract the .srt subtitles from the original source first before converting the mkv video and then manually add them back to the conversion via the Add External Subtitle option the subtitles will remuxed into the file correctly. So obviously the issue is not with DVDFab converter not supporting the source's original SRT format because I'm adding exactly what was present in the original file back into the conversion as an External Subtitle and it works fine. Seems that something is just broken with detecting that the original source SRT subtitle is already present or valid. I see in the log file this message "info: drop not support subcodec(srt)" so the conversion app knows that it is a SRT subtitle and will even allow me to re-attach it if I extract it first. Any idea when this will be fixed as it is a huge pain to have to manually extract each subtitle with mkvextract first just so I can manually add it back in. Everything else in Converter works wonderfully for me but this. Thanks!

Please send us the dvdfab_internal log file from the latest version of DVDFab.
              If you can provide us a short video as source to help duplicate the issue. Please check PM if you want to upload the source file. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X