No announcement yet.

getting green bleeps at about 1 min into conversions from h264 to h265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.5.1 (Win) getting green bleeps at about 1 min into conversions from h264 to h265

Ive been getting flashes of the whole screen going green for like 1 to 2 seconds a minute to a minute thirty on files ive converted form h264 to h265. I rip them off of paramount which the h264 rip from the app is pristine with no issues or green flickers. Then place the file in dvd fab and end up with green bleeps. Figured has to be something with dvd fab since streamfab rips it with 0 issues. Just looking for some guidance

Please go to the Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding)" to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

This still leaves a giant problem. 1. GPU encoding is what makes dvdfab the go to for conversion and encoding. Without it, handbrake is a better viable option. 2. With just software encoding, 1 single encode takes 45 minutes. It only does this on H264 rips from paramount plus. So there has to be some other underlying issue with how streamfab is ripping the file then....but without GPU encoding (which takes 3 minutes a file, instead of 50) theres just no point im afraid. So are there any other possible fixes?

Comment

Answer Mona’s question as a first step. This is not a suggestion to turn the gpu off permanently but just a troubleshooting step.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've had so many problems converting MP4 to HEVC with DVDFAB that I finally gave up and went with VideoPROC for this one feature. Not the greatest but it works.

Comment

Working...
          X