VOB files unsupported after update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOB files unsupported after update?

I just updated my trusty 7.x Version to the latest 8.x relase. Unfortunately DVDFab now doesn't seem to be able to convert DVD rips created with DVDCopy -> Full disc.

For every VOB file i get the error message "File <insert VOB filename> cannot be opened. The file is encrypted" and the same with "The file is unsupported".

Strange enough, ripping DVDs directly to a file using DVD Ripper seems to work, just converting pre-ripped DVDs won't work anymore.

Is this a know issue? Is there a solution for it?

Thanks!

Not sure why this won't read an unencrypted VOB file, but you would not be able to convert an entire movie to a single file using Video Converter anyway. DVDFab DVD Ripper will open the VIDEO_TS folder, read all the files and convert them to whatever format you want.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Not sure why this won't read an unencrypted VOB file, but you would not be able to convert an entire movie to a single file using Video Converter anyway. DVDFab DVD Ripper will open the VIDEO_TS folder, read all the files and convert them to whatever format you want.
      Like signals said already You do not use Video Converter on the DVD rips created by DVD Copy as you supposed to use DVD Ripper for that. Video Converter is for vobs that one file only and to convert different formats to another format. Like mp4 to wmv or vice versa

Comment

Ah, I see the problem. The new names just got me confused. So "Video Converter" is actually the old "File to Mobile" and "DVD to Mobile" became "DVD Ripper". I was not aware that "DVD Ripper" can process already ripped DVDs.

Thanks for all the hints!

Comment

video converter

i tried using the converter from vob file to mp4 format but tells me it is encrypted. i tried one the first time and it works now i tried it again a-now tells me it encrypted. i use dvd ripper but it shows 100% but never finshing. i waited 16 hours and still running. never says complete so i cancel it. what shouldi do from vob to mp4.

Comment

It will be fixed in next version, thank you for reporting.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
            X