Can no longer convert from Blu-Ray 7.0.9.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer convert from Blu-Ray 7.0.9.3

I was having no problems converting from Blu-Ray for some time. The other day, I started a conversion and realised I forgot to check subtitles. I cancelled the conversion, the program froze, and I forced a software shutdown.

Since then, whenever I try to copy blu-Ray to file, the program tells me I can copy to mp4, check out the website at... and that's about it. Nothing shows up in the window, and I'm unable to load the blu-ray folder. It's like the software is no longer licensed for it? It works fine for regualr DVDs though.

Does anyone know what I'd need to clear out or reset to resolve this? Would re-installing help?

Originally posted by kremesch View Post
    I was having no problems converting from Blu-Ray for some time. The other day, I started a conversion and realised I forgot to check subtitles. I cancelled the conversion, the program froze, and I forced a software shutdown.

Since then, whenever I try to copy blu-Ray to file, the program tells me I can copy to mp4, check out the website at... and that's about it. Nothing shows up in the window, and I'm unable to load the blu-ray folder. It's like the software is no longer licensed for it? It works fine for regualr DVDs though.

Does anyone know what I'd need to clear out or reset to resolve this? Would re-installing help?
    Install the latest released version http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8417 as you using an old version. Also are you using the Video Converter or Blu-ray to Mobile? If you using the Video Converter you using the wrong one. The newer version you need to use Blu-ray Ripper just so you know for after you install it

Comment

You should not get that message unless your copy of DVDFab is no longer registered for the option you are trying to use. Please start DVDFab with no discs in your drives and click the "?" in the upper right corner, then select "About" from the menu. It will display a page showing the options that are licensed and their expiration date (or "Never Expire").
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You should not get that message unless your copy of DVDFab is no longer registered for the option you are trying to use. Please start DVDFab with no discs in your drives and click the "?" in the upper right corner, then select "About" from the menu. It will display a page showing the options that are licensed and their expiration date (or "Never Expire").
        I've already checked that. It says "never expire". But it does say "no" under enabled. Any idea how to fix that? Should it say that?

@AGJ: I've had nothing but problems with the latest release and am not inclined to try it again at this point in time.

To answer the question, the problem is with Blu-ray to mobile, and yes, I was using the correct option. The folder shows up for Blu-ray to blu-ray, which I am not registered for, but I get the message when I select blu-ray to mobile, which is registered to never expire--that was the first thing I checked.

I also don't use DVD Fab for ripping, I use something else that works rather well for me, and the exact same disk worked with the same blu-ray to mobile setting on another machine of mine, but it is under-powered and I prefer not to use it for conversions. So the problem is not with the disk, nor is it with that particular version of DVD Fab in general. It is with the installation of DVD Fab on the machine I primarily use for converting, which never had a problem until I cancelled a conversion and it froze. Since then, it appears that converting blu-ray is locked out somehow.
        Last edited by kremesch; 10-08-2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I've already checked that. It says "never expire". But it does say "no" under enabled. Any idea why? Should it say that?.
          Yes when using old version you need to as well own and have registered Blu-ray to Blu-ray. If you only have Blu-ray to Mobile then it will not work even if the files already been ripped and saved to computer.

@AGJ: I've had nothing but problems with the latest release and am not inclined to try it again at this point in time.
          Too bad as you need the newer version to do what you need to do if you do not already own Blu-ray Copy(Blu-ray to Blu-ray)

Comment

So, in other words, I need to purchase blu-ray to blu-ray, which I'll never use, or use a version that doesn't work for me. Am I interpreting that correctly?

Comment

So, in other words, I need to purchase blu-ray to blu-ray, which I'll never use, or use a version that doesn't work for me. Am I interpreting that correctly?
              Yes if you insist on using the old version you need to buy Blu-ray Copy aka Blu-ray to Blu-ray, then again you not need to buy if you was using the new version as it was updated so you can just buy and use the Ripper aka Mobile function but you do not get this feature using V7.

V7 and V8 can both be installed on same computer and if you installed V8 and start a post for help maybe a member or forum staff can get it to work for what you need it for

Comment

It's not a matter of 'insisting.' Version 8 does not work properly for me. I get unacceptable output, choppy video, and crashes/freezes. The problems I have with it are the exact same problems that are already posted here and I do not see a point in flooding the forum with repetitive topics when people are already attempting to work it out. If it appears to have been worked out, I'll give it another go. I understand that it works fine for some people, but this is not the case for me and others.

As for the problem I was having with the older version, I was simply curious as to why and how I could fix it; now I know the answer. Thank you.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to figure out something else while I wait, or go back to using the other software I was using--I just preferred the smaller file sizes I was getting with Fab. But no problem.

Comment

Working...
                X