Ripped DvD's and Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped DvD's and Conversion

I was able to add an AVI to program and the Video Converter worked perfect. Shows up on my iPhone4 perfect. However, when I tried to add files that were on my back-up disc that was created through DVDtoDVD I was unsuccessful. Anyone know how to remedy this issue? Thanks.

Originally posted by xpoppadaddyx View Post
    when I tried to add files that were on my back-up disc that was created through DVDtoDVD I was unsuccessful. Anyone know how to remedy this issue? Thanks.
    You would need to use DVD Ripper to convert a DVD that was created with DVD to DVD

Comment

Tried and still no

I tried the rip option and it would act as it was going to read and froze up using v 8.0.2.8. Well, next time I canceled the reading and went to the disc (clicking the folder next to source) to open it and selected the disc itself, clicked OK and it did not populate the source, nothing happened. Also tried to drag and drop. Anything else I should try or doing wrong? Maybe needs a fix?

Comment

That button (the one that looks like a disc) is for opening ISO image files. Please try using DVD Ripper (not Video Converter). Use the Source icon that looks like a folder to open the VIDEO_TS folder that is stored on your hard drive.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes I done that as well. Here are my steps:
          1. Put in the already DVDtoDVD disc into drive
          2. Went to DVD Ripper- iPod/iPhone
          3. Clicked the "Folder" located right of the Source
          4. Went to the disc and opened it (+side of disc) reveling the VIDEO_TS file
          5. Selected the file and clicked OK
          Results were nothing. The open source prompt screen would appear and quickly go away. Using v8.0.2.8.

Comment

Originally posted by xpoppadaddyx View Post
            Yes I done that as well. Here are my steps:
            1. Put in the already DVDtoDVD disc into drive
            2. Went to DVD Ripper- iPod/iPhone
            3. Clicked the "Folder" located right of the Source
            4. Went to the disc and opened it (+side of disc) reveling the VIDEO_TS file
            5. Selected the file and clicked OK
            Results were nothing. The open source prompt screen would appear and quickly go away. Using v8.0.2.8.
            Do not use the folder to select the files from a DVD. Let DVDFab read and open the DVD automatically first before you Convert

Comment

I done it this way and it worked for others. The particular one that I was trying to do kept freezing up Fab and I would have to restart it. Guess I got a bad format from that one or something but now it works. Thanks team and awesome response time.

Comment

Converting dvd to avi

I am new to this and want to convert ripped DVD to AVI.

Then use the AVI file to make new dvd with my own background and menu, so far DVDFAB has crashed 4 times using the converter.

Can someone tell me please the way to go forward as getting cheesed with it a bit?

How do I convert a DVD to AVI, simple enough thing?

many thanks

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by casacristeva View Post
                  I am new to this and want to convert ripped DVD to AVI.

Then use the AVI file to make new dvd with my own background and menu, so far DVDFAB has crashed 4 times using the converter.

Can someone tell me please the way to go forward as getting cheesed with it a bit?

How do I convert a DVD to AVI, simple enough thing?

many thanks

Steve
                  Your are using the wrong module for this and also highjacked a thread as your issue does not help the other member issue and as well has nothing in common with the OP issue.

Use the DVD Ripper to convert DVD to avi and here link to tutorial on how to do that http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-ripper/how...avi-ripper.htm

Comment

I humbly apologise.....

Having no need for many many months to use forums I am not used to the threads.

Thank you so muich for the pointer.

Comment

Working...
                    X