Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced to use a trial

Hello all,

I just ripped a DVD-to-Zune to test it out on my Droid phone. Well, when it was finished it INFORMED me it was going to activate the File Transfer and started my trial. Why? I didn't ask it to, and I didn't want it to. I don't want to use this trial or the Video Converter trial it started as well.

I don't care for that type of over barring, Apple-ish tactics. Please stop coding your program to do that, and reset my trials.

Thanx.

What you should have done was go into common settings of DVDFab the green dot with check mark and select File Transfer. Then you remove the tick from the box next to Run "File transfer" to transfer converted files to mobile devices after finished conversion.

It is checked by default

Comment

What I should have done? I've had DVDFab since ver. 3 and I have NEVER had this issue. Sounds more like "the programmers should have not defaulted those to 'on' in this update" to me.

Can you get it reset for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
        What I should have done? I've had DVDFab since ver. 3 and I have NEVER had this issue. Sounds more like "the programmers should have not defaulted those to 'on' in this update" to me.

Can you get it reset for me please?
        This has been like that for a few years as I myself had my trial started due to that default setting. a few years ago. As for having the trial reset not possible as I do not work for DVDFab and volunteer my time to help with forum.

So do not believe you been using DVDFab for over 5 years unless this was the first time you used the DVD Ripper(DVD to Mobile). Also DVDFab not able to reset the trial either but if you want to try use this link http://forum.dvdfab.com/private.php?do=newpm

Comment

Ah, volunteer. Gotcha. I used to donate my time to a few forums as well.

I am always ripping DVDs to my PC to transfer to either my PSP or my phone. It's one of the reasons I bought this software. I've never had this happen.

Thanx for your time.

Comment

You should use the Droid WMV profile.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
              I've had DVDFab since ver. 3 and I have NEVER had this issue. Sounds more like "the programmers should have not defaulted those to 'on' in this update" to me.
              I agree the default for file mover should not be on but you've either by accident or confusion started the video converter trial by mistake.

Comment

Working...
              X