Miniso and virtual drive questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miniso and virtual drive questions

I had been using another virtual drive to mount ISO on my computer. All I ever did was double click on the icon or name. Also I could go from one ISO to another and it worked ok without doing anything else. They were all created using DVDfab blu-ray copy movie only, and imgburn.

So I tried DVDfab latest virtual drive but it won't do that. I have to right click to mount, then also unmount. I did a search but didn't really understand what might have to be done to make it work the same way, if its even designed that way.

Also, instead of making ISO I did a couple of blu-ray movies just doing copy to folders and trying Miniso. Well it appeared to work OK on the first one, which was Dark city.

But I can't get it to work on Sniper Reloaded. Also, then started having problem with Dark city. Also ran into the same problem, have to unmount and also PDVD not always starting. Messing with it tonight, sometimes the only way is to right click and use the mount to E:

I simply cannot get miniso to work just to double click on it, except maybe the first time. Also have to sometimes unmount from computer drives for regular ISO or miniso.

Anyway, not have much luck with it right now. Just wondering if I'm missing something or its still has some bugs.

I have used miniso with the folder output of Blu-ray Copy I think twice so far and it worked with the double click both times. Look at the file icon for the miniso file, it should show the DVDFab monkey king logo. If it doesn't it either did not install correctly or some other program has taken over the file association. If you have installed anything that thinks it should be the default program for miniso files, it will be listed as the "recommended program" if you right click on the miniso file and select "Open with...". My OS is win7 64, yours may act differently. Anything beyond this will have to be answered by Xubin.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, I use windows 7 64 bit also. But after copying some more movies to folders tonight, it appears Miniso won't work over a network. It does "kind of" attempt to open but it won't work.

It does work fair directly from the internal HD, but that's random. Sometimes I have to click on computer to open up the disk drives and then PDVD will go ahead and open. Which is very odd to me and no idea why it would mount after doing that.

I am using PDVD 11 not 10. I did my system over and didn't put 10 back on. PDVD 11 will play Folders now, so I can do it that way. But in all their glory it won't play folders while in Cinema mode, which is what I want.

So I don't know if its a PDVD 11 thing or what. But I don't know why it would be causing Miniso not to work over my network. My regular ISO files have always worked fine. It don't sound like many people use Miniso? Well, I'd like too but it has to work over my network. But its not exactly stable when the file is on my internal HD either.

Guess I'll have to continue ripping to ISO unless can figure out what the problem is.

Comment

Miniso is a fairly new feature, I'm sure the developers will see this and check it. Seems to me it should work from any storage location that shows the .miniso file icon with the DVDFab logo. The two that I have done were both written to a USB HDD and they work every time.. I have PDVD10 but don't plan to update to PDVD11 unless they have improved the UI for source access and changing drives. Too many clicks, PITA!
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@robert l
          Have send PM to you.
          resigned

Comment

Working...
          X