Problem with mounting miniso files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with mounting miniso files

When using Blu-ray copy I always create a miniso file to mount with Virtual Drive. Using Virtual Drive 1.3.2, I usually double click on the miniso file or right click and select mount so that I can verify the copy that I just made. For the most part this works great. The problem I've run into is that if I leave Fab open after doing the copy I cannot mount the miniso (yes it finished successfully ). If I select another option in Fab (say Blu-ray Ripper), I still can not get the image to mount. The only way I've been able to get the miniso file to mount is if I close out of Fab completely. Not a big deal but I thought it was strange. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have not, but I'm not sure I have ever tried to mount one with DVDFab still open. Try going into DVDFab Common Settings-DVD/Blu-ray->Drives and make sure the boxes for any Virtual Drives are UNchecked.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I verified the settings that you suggest and the Virtual Drive is unchecked.

Comment

@RClark

Maybe the .miniso file is locked by dvdfab, i cannot reproduce this issue here.

You can check it by Unlocker: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-68439.html

Right click the .miniso file, click Unlocker:
        , then it will show which process occupy this .miniso.
        Attached Files
        resigned

Comment

RClark
          I can't duplicate this either, but I may not be folloiwing your steps exactly. For instance, do you have DVDFab set to eject the disc when finished copying, i.e. is there a disc in the optical drive when this happens?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@xubin I tried unlocker as you suggested but it says that the file is not locked.

@signals I do not have the drive set to auto eject.

Here are the steps to help reproduce the problem:

Open DVDFab (I'm using 8.1.1.2).
            Select Blu-ray Copy -> Main Movie.
            Select the source folder (in this case I'm selecting a folder on the hard drive that was already ripped from disc).
            Select the target folder (I'm using a folder on a drive different from the source).
            Select the first title on the disc (only to help speed up the test/process).
            Select BD25 (or whatever) and click Next.
            Make sure Create miniso to mount the folder in DVDFab Virtual Drive is checked and click Start.

When done the target folder should open, leave DVDFab alone and double click or right click on the miniso file to mount the image.
            For me nothing happens. When I right click on the DVDFab Virual Drive icon in the system tray it shows it as mounted. When I go to My Computer and right click on the Virtual Drive to view it's properties it shows type: CD Drive, Used/Free space 0 bytes, Capacity 0 bytes (i.e. it's not mounted).

Back to DVDFab, click OK on the Process Completed Successfully dialog, click Finish and exit out of DVDFab completely.
            Since DVDFab Virual Drive THINKS the disc was mounted, right click on the miniso file or on the DVDFab Virual Drive icon in the system tray and unmount the disc from the drive.
            Double click or right click on the miniso file to mount it again and this time it will work (only works for me when DVDFab is closed).

This happens everytime I try it without fail.
            Last edited by RClark; 08-21-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Cannot mount any image when dvdfab is open and busy

It is very common for me to have two different sessions open when ripping dvd's. I have one session for each real dvd drive installed. While the two are going at the rip I might want to test some rips I've already completed at the same time. What I've seen is if dvd fab is open and busy or left open i presume but I've only tested this with both sessions busy. While the programs is ripping and I go to mount an iso image of a dvd it will not fully mount into windows explorer until I close dvdfab down completely. Like previous poster said its no big deal but since he mentioned this issue occurring I wanted to point out its not just bluray related its everything.

Comment

Working...
              X