Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffering issue DVDFab Virtual Drive mounted .miniso Blurays from external sources !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffering issue DVDFab Virtual Drive mounted .miniso Blurays from external sources !

I have around 1500 full Bluray Discs stored (legally bought mind you) on my 2x Nas devices. They are stored unpacked, so the root has the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. Because I purchase these discs in 2 different zones, my bluray collection consists of 2 different Region Codes, most of them are B, because I live in Europe, and some of them are A, which I buy in bulk from amazon.com mostly. Since a bluray region Code is not hardware locked and only software dependant, I have 3 licenses for the 3 major commercial bluray software players out there. I have Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5, and Corel WinDVD Pro 11. Each player is set to a differnt region code, so to cover A, B en C. Without having the hastle to change em all the time, then end up having used all 5 changes the software allows and then use Other Software or DVDFab software and reset it, so I get another 5. I've been working like this for the last 5 months or so.

Since the advent of the BRILLIANT, absolutely brilliant .miniso format you guys came up with at DVDFAB, I can now very easily create .miniso's for all my Blurays. I use DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.3.2.0 which to my knowlegde is the latest version, and together with having imgburn 2.5.6.0 installed, it makes this process an absolute walk in the park, for which I'm very very greatful indeed.

BUT !!

And here comes the problem, a problem of which I am extremely surprised to find no threads on this forum, or in case there is one, I must be the blindest xxxxxxxxxxx out there. (I'd like to add that I did find some similar problems, but NOT this problem exactly)
    When mounting the .miniso files, by for instance double clicking on the file, DVDFab Virtual Drive mounts the fake iso beautifully, no problems there. When I start to play the Bluray Disc in any of the 3 software BD players I meantioned earlier, the movie plays perfectly up till a certain point, this point is mostly 2 - 3 minutes into it; then it starts stuttering like crazy. I guess the variation of the timing has to do with the bitrate differences from one Bluray to the other.

This problem only happens when the Bluray in question is stored on an external source, by that I mean when the movie is stored on an external USB HDD, be it either USB 2.0 or even 3.0, external firewire connected HDD, 400 and 800, or in many of my cases in point, the ethernet network connection, 1Gbps Cat6 cable.

When playing the exact same movies normally, without the .miniso, just loading it from hdd or creating a FULL BD Video .iso image file, they play perfectly, I know cause I've been testing it, and I've been watching them like this for the last 3 years now. Not one little hiccup, As soon as I create a .miniso, mount it, the movie plays fine for 2 minutes or so, then starts stuttering. It's a very consistent problem, it happens 100% of the time, always and with any Bluray Disc.

Which makes me conclude there is a buffering issue in the way DVDFab Virtual Drive mounts the .miniso format FROM AN EXTERNAL SOURCE (usb, firewire, Gigabit Network), there must be. Why am I so sure ?, Because when I copy any bluray to a local system drive, create a .miniso file, mount it, so exactly the same process, the bluray PLAYS FINE, from an INTERNAL SOURCE.

And another thing, the stutter happens with all 3 players, Corel, Arcsoft and Cyberlink, on EXACTLY the same time-frame. So it's not the software BD players either. I have also tried it on 5 different Computers and its always the same !

Which is a clear indicator the only changing factor is the source, as soon as it's EXTERNAL, its starts stuttering a short playtime into the movie. Hence my buffering issues with DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.3.2.0.

I absolutely adore this little program and the format u guys invented, its brilliant, but for me at this very moment UNUSABLE, because all my blurays are stored on network NAS (QNAP and THECUS) devices.

Please Help !!
    Last edited by CBR929; 12-15-2011, 12:45 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Hi Fiorana
    This is a DVD Fab forum, please do not mention other software.

Also please be sure to watch your language.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi Fiorana
      This is a DVD Fab forum, please do not mention other software.

Also please be sure to watch your language.
      CBR929
      Alright my bad, I apologize sir.

Comment

Hi Fiorana,

We will check this issue ASAP. When have new release about this issue, i will send PM to u.

Thanks for your feedback.
        resigned

Comment

Well hello to you 2 sir. Thanks for your response, and I will be back in to check from time to time on any further developments involving this issue.

Thanks again.

Comment

I write all BD rips to folders on an eSATA drive and play them with the miniso+Virtual Drive in PDVD10 and TMT5 with no issues. I also have a USB external and I don't remember this ever happening when I used it as the Target in DVD or BD Copy.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same issue when mounted over a network

Well I felt like giving this app a try and I had the same outcome. When I mount the BD the player(s) I have fail about 3-5mins in (I have all my Vids stored on a Server with 1Gig connect). Gave up on this app and played from source all played fine.

Let me know when you get this working and I might try again or not

Comment

Same issue....

Hi, I had the same problem, with a external USB 2.0 HDD, but the problem started about the middle of the movie, this hapen with all the movies of "Star Wars".

I haven't checked any other so far.

DVDFab Virtual Driver 1.3.2.0

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  I write all BD rips to folders on an eSATA drive and play them with the miniso+Virtual Drive in PDVD10 and TMT5 with no issues. I also have a USB external and I don't remember this ever happening when I used it as the Target in DVD or BD Copy.
                  Mind you that, at no point in my post do I make mention of the eSATA interface.
                  The reason I don't is that the external SATA standard fundamentally works the same as the internal SATA one, in the fact that it directly connects to the SATA controller on the motherboard (only its external port connector is slightly different, because it also feeds power). Which means that even though the HDD can be external, it matters not one bit kind sir as it still uses the SATA interface.
                  Hence it was not mentioned in my original post.

I have never been able to actually test this (I do have eSata ports, but no external hdd's with the connector); But none the less, I am absolutely confident that the theory is sound, and therefor, you will never have those buffering issues, using eSATA connected HDD's.

As for your feedback on the USB side, you don't sound very convincing and might not have done the proper testing required.

Watch out now, take care. Beware, for proper testing one should mount a Full Blu-ray Disc, preferably the higher the capacity the better for illustrating my point (45GB, but happens with any). And actually WATCH the movie from start to finish. At First glance, everything works fine and dandy, a closer look though, quickly reveals the issues I was talking about.

Comment

Haha. Believe what you will.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Haha. Believe what you will.
                      Regardless of what you think some of us are seeing real issues that should be addressed. I myself have been a software test engineer for more than 15 years. Bugs should be reported and followed up on. Rather than make a comments like a 15 year old.

Comment

Harleyguy
                        Opinions are not productive and are not welcome in the software support forums. Mind your own business in the future.

In fact, you and Fiorana have both shown childish and offensive attitudes, so this thread will be closed. If the developers choose to investigate the problem, it may be reopened.

Comment

Working...
                        X