X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.0.0.0 is out

Dear all,

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64/IA64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    Last edited by fengtao; 02-03-2010, 01:58 PM.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

kewls Fengtao and thank you
    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

VERY KEWL .......

THX Feng ... I will install and start using .... hopefully much better than all the alternatives I been using.

Hopefully it installs some shortcuts in the right-click context menu for quick mounting ...

EDIT: Yep .... Looks real GOOD, context mounting is a breeze, unmounting via tray icon very simple. Tried both movie ISO and Application ISO, both mounted and worked perfectly !! Plus the vdrive.exe is half the size of the DTLite.exe memory usage in Task Manager.

THX, I will now remove DAEMON and use DVDFVD (DVDFab Virtual Drive) from this point on !!

Regards,
      Last edited by AlienX69; 02-02-2010, 03:18 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks for the hardwork and the freebies!!

Comment

Looks good so far, but in About window the other products are not displayed in localized language.

Also what is the different between "Clear" and "Purge" history? Purge doesn't do anything strangely.

In "Change Drive letter" window "Drive Letter" is not displayed completely in German.
          In "Mount Image" window you should automatically stretch column name, so it gets displayed fully.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 02-02-2010, 05:26 PM.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Thanks, I will have to give this a spin today.

Comment

Installed and works flawlessly on 32-bit XP SP3 system. Even works with old (WinDVD5) player software that uses ASPI. WinDVD9 also recognized the virtual drive and loaded and played the ISO with no intervention, but PowerDVD did not (but did play manually from the virtual drive).

The install hung after clicking Finish on Win7Pro 64-bit and required a restart to get rid of the "I'm Busy" cursor, but it may have been a related problem I have been having with Kaspersky 2010 on the Win7 machine.

It has a very small footprint and low resource use. A handy addition under the DVDFab umbrella, thanks Fengtao.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just did some testing also and it works perfectly for me on XP and Vista Ultimate.

Thanks Fab Team....

Now I think we need to put together a guide of "How to play from your hard disk" (both BR & DVD) as this topic has been by far the most prolific question in the forum over the last couple of weeks and this utility will certainly help.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

There will be a new page in the Tutorial for Virtual Player with a short version posted in here in the forum (but it will not deal with specific player software beyond the basics).
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Had a problem and need someone else to test my workflow .... will need PoerDVD 9 user, but maybe another softplay might do the same .... haven't had to time to test that.

I do my ISO's all at once so I might have 4-6 isos to burn, i.e. queue feature in ImgBurn

So before burning I run through all the ISO's via mounting the first, then open softplayer (PowerDVD9), select the mounted drive, play. Now while that ISO is playing I go to a Explorer Window re-mount a different ISO via the context menu. I will do each iso via context menu and so on ..... till I viewed all 5-6 isos. I have used this method with DAEMON for many years using PDVD9 (PowerDVD5), ver 9 in a pretty new install, 2-3 mos.

Well DVDFab VD hangs PDVD9 ..... I usta do this all the time with DAEMON Lite and the CloneDVD VD no problem (really did not like CDVDVD functionality at ALL). Been using this method for years with tools mentioned no issues.

Plus, I really like the functionality of DVDFVD, definitely plus is the way the context menu works over the other VD tools.

FYI: I recently update to PowerDVD9 but have run at least 20-30 iso's through ver 9, next batch I will try my old version 5. Definitely never had a problem with PDVD5 for years.

EDIT: I went back and reinstalled DAEMON Lite 4.35 .... cycled through the 6 isos TWICE, no hang-up while viewing them with PDVD9. Mounted the same isos with DVDFVD WITHOUT playing them in PDVD9, just cycled through them. But once I selected one to play, then tried to select another via the context menu PDVD9 hung .. Seems like DVDFVD is NOT doing an EJECT first, best guess ?

Well I hope that's as clear as mud !!!

Regards,
                    Last edited by AlienX69; 02-03-2010, 01:50 AM.
                    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Also I noticed that DVDFVD will not accept the .mds file via the context menu. Not as important as the above mentioned.

I need to run to the store, when I get back I will snag (Snag-It) some images and show you what it's doing. I would have posted them already but I removed my VERY OLD version of Snag-It so that I can install the newest/latest/greatest version.

Ciao ... be back shortly !
                      AX

Comment

It sure is !!!!

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                        Well I hope that's as clear as mud !!!

Regards,
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          I just did some testing also and it works perfectly for me on XP and Vista Ultimate.

Thanks Fab Team....

Now I think we need to put together a guide of "How to play from your hard disk" (both BR & DVD) as this topic has been by far the most prolific question in the forum over the last couple of weeks and this utility will certainly help.
                          If not mistaken there are lot of program which can play from harddrive. But not all are worth a try.

I prefer TMT3
                          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

First version of the Swedish translation.

I do have the same question about Purge and Clear as the German translator.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I am guessing here, but perhaps the Purge deletes history for images that are now unmounted, Clear deletes all history? I have asked for clarification.

Comment

Working...
                              X