X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.0.0.1 is out

Dear all,

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64/IA64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

What's New
    * Fix "Change Drive letter" window "Drive Letter" is not displayed completely in German. [Blazkowicz] [2010-02-03]
    * Fix but in About window the other products are not displayed in localized language.
    * Fix Also what is the different between "Clear" and "Purge" history? Purge doesn't do anything strangely.
    * Remove no need sys file in install directory
    * Fix In "Mount Image" window you should automatically stretch column name, so it gets displayed fully.
    * Fix right click iso in UNC path, mount failed.
    * Add readme.txt/license.txt when install
    * Add VDRIVE_DEU.lng/VDRIVE_SVE.lng, thanks Blazkowicz and Gummigutta
    * Add Author in *.lng

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Thanks fengtao for Purge change

ID114=Clear &Non-Existent History
    I would change that string to "Clear &Non-Existent images in History"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 02-03-2010, 02:42 PM.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I tried the NEW version and it still causes PDVD9 (PowerDVD9) to hang when mounting a new image via the right click context menu. Here is a Snagged image of the issue I described in the ver. 1.0.0.0 thread.

Notice the header on PDVD9, "TRAFFIC_LIVE_SANTA_MONICA", now look at the right click context menu "VILLAGE_BARBERSHOP.ISO". Notice that PDVD9 is actually playing Village Barbershop, but it does not function properly. When I select root or title menu in PDVD9 ... nothing happens, movie just keeps playing. Also look at the Explorer window it shows "TRAFFIC_LIVE_SANTA_MONICA" as still being mounted to N:

If I go select a different ISO from the context menu, it causes PDVD9 to hang. Sometimes it hangs right after trying to mount the second ISO.

Feng, I would really like to use DVDFVD, but if I can't cycle through the ISO's like I normally do using DAEMON .... can't use it. As I stated in the other thread DAEMON allows me to cycle through multiple ISO's while viewing in PDVD9 by just mounting the next ISO via, except with DAEMON I have to select "Open with" > DAEMON. Where as DVDFVD is right on top of the of the context menu, which I like a lot !!!

FYI: It even causes the Windows Explorer window to hang. Having a problem killing process with Task Manager, looks like I need to reboot ....

AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

@Feng,

Does DVDFVD use SPTD ?

I know that DAEMON Lite uses it, and I think (not sure) if DVDFVD uses it. Thought I still saw the Warning even after I un-installed DAEMON, I need to double check unless you can supply an answer ?

From ImgBurn (I don't get a "detrimental effect" when using DAEMON:

W 08:33:21 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

Regards,
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

It doesn't use SPTD or else it would contain SPTD installer in its setup.

Also ImgBurn was right before DuplexSecure fixed it in 1.62.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

DVDFAB Virtual Drive

would like more details on how to operate without damaging my computer !where can i find more on how to use step by step ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-Roger View Post
              how to operate without damaging my computer
              LOL ... no you can't damage your computer .... I think a guide will be forthcoming .....

AX

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                I tried the NEW version and it still causes PDVD9 (PowerDVD9) to hang when mounting a new image via the right click context menu. Here is a Snagged image of the issue I described in the ver. 1.0.0.0 thread.

Notice the header on PDVD9, "TRAFFIC_LIVE_SANTA_MONICA", now look at the right click context menu "VILLAGE_BARBERSHOP.ISO". Notice that PDVD9 is actually playing Village Barbershop, but it does not function properly. When I select root or title menu in PDVD9 ... nothing happens, movie just keeps playing. Also look at the Explorer window it shows "TRAFFIC_LIVE_SANTA_MONICA" as still being mounted to N:

If I go select a different ISO from the context menu, it causes PDVD9 to hang. Sometimes it hangs right after trying to mount the second ISO.

Feng, I would really like to use DVDFVD, but if I can't cycle through the ISO's like I normally do using DAEMON .... can't use it. As I stated in the other thread DAEMON allows me to cycle through multiple ISO's while viewing in PDVD9 by just mounting the next ISO via, except with DAEMON I have to select "Open with" > DAEMON. Where as DVDFVD is right on top of the of the context menu, which I like a lot !!!

FYI: It even causes the Windows Explorer window to hang. Having a problem killing process with Task Manager, looks like I need to reboot ....

This is a bug, we are fixing now.

By the way, What's is your OS? Windows 7/64bit?
                resigned

Comment

As a workaround, you can create enough virtual drives for all the ISOs you want to watch, then mount the others while watching the first and use the Source Drive selector in PowerDVD to switch between them with no problem.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Only problem with that is I have 4 physical drives in my main puter, and many partitions. Plus I have pen drives and SATA external with multi-partitions, running out of drive letters.....

FYI: in the image above I had two of the physical drives unplugged temporarily while testing something else.
                    Last edited by AlienX69; 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM.
                    AX

Comment

@xubin

I almost missed your post as it had my image in most of it

My OS is XP Pro v 5.1 Build 2600 , SP 3

Cheers and thanks for fixing I will definitely use (and recommend) once fixed ..

Last edited by AlienX69; 02-04-2010, 04:13 PM.
                      AX

Comment

Why not just use VLC media player to play ISO's from the HDD? I've got a feeling Blu ray is going to be the answer.
                        Last edited by Senor Bag; 02-07-2010, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
                          Why not just use VLC media player to play ISO's from the HDD? I've got a feeling Blu ray is going to be the answer.
                          Not just that, but a virtual drive allows to view the contents of in ISO via Windows Explorer, or install an application, view contents of a Data Backup disc, etc......see the link below.

FYI: I store all my app discs on a HDD for two reasons, scratched/damaged and ease of installing the app on any of my computers via a what ? ? ..... virtual drive ...

Last edited by AlienX69; 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM.
                          AX

Comment

Working...
                          X