This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual drive help please

Hi All I have had great success using fab to copy some of my blurays.I want to watch these from my hd.I am new to this so far this is what i done.I downloaded virtual drive and i have power dvd.I need more clear step by step instructions.These are some of my problems.
    1 When I try to open virtual drive program i click on the icon and nothing happens
    2 How do i mount the file.
    3 If i made a copy would the movie be on the harddrive already.
    4 Am I trying to do something that cant be done:confused

Here is a user guide I created before DVDfab's virtual drive was created but it's the same for Blu-ray basically and should explain what you need to do.

(As soon as it's no longer in beta I'll update this unless someone else wants to create a new one in which case this one can be deleted)

Comment

how do i rip it to an iso I think mine are regular files.i insert the disc and follow prompts to copy.What do i need to do to make it an iso.It was so easy to copy disc cant believe i am have a hard time playing from harddrive.

Comment

Choose the "Disc" icon to the right of the "Target" field.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

FYI
          I am writing a user guide for Virtual Drive. I was going to take parts of it and make a "Quick Guide" to post in the Knowledge Base.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I got it working.Many thanks to the mods for there patience with me.This is a great forum with fast responce to our questions.I have one more question.I downloaded both dvdfab virtual drive and magic disc.Do I need both programs.Reason I ask is when i right click iso to mount it I only see fab icon.I see the magic disc icon on the lower right side of screen but I dont think i am accessing the program.

Comment

Here is the first draft of the user's manual, I think it will help. A final version with some updates and changes will be posted in a day or two. I don't think you should need anything else to play image files.

//EDIT// A more recent version of the guide is available here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3462
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchfreetime View Post
                I downloaded both dvdfab virtual drive and magic disc.Do I need both programs.Reason I ask is when i right click iso to mount it I only see fab icon.
                No need for both, just uninstall magic disc. DVDFab's virtual drive is all you need.

(Signals please delete my guide, I have no permissions in that subforum...thanks )

Comment

dvdfab6220b

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Here is the first draft of the user's manual, I think it will help. A final version with some updates and changes will be posted in a day or two. I don't think you should need anything else to play image files.
                  what freeby can i download to read file ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-Roger View Post
                    what freeby can i download to read file ?
                    Adobe reader, which is free.
                    Ant

Comment

You can get the Adobe reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ . This page is for English, XP SP2 or SP3; you will need to click on the link on the page for other OSs or languages.

Comment

The new version of the guide is posted in its own thread here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3462

Comment

Working...
                        X