Once again DVDFab update renders Virtual drive inoperable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again DVDFab update renders Virtual drive inoperable

I know others have posted about this here before, but you haven't fixed the problem. It seems that every now and then after an update of DVDFab to a newer version, Virtual drive no longer works. Although, in one of the posts Windows update was blamed, this is clearly not the case (always easy to point the finger somewhere else). Today, after updating both DVDFab x86 and DVDFab x64, DVDFab Virtual Drive would not mount a mini iso created by DVDFab. It worked fine for me yesterday before the update. Nothing else was updated since then. This is clearly a DVDFab issue. Yes, it works after uninstalling, rebooting and then re-installing virtual drive, but why does this have to be done so often? Having to do that really interrupts the work-flow. It is starting to get very annoying. Could you PLEASE fix this so it doesn't keep happening. Thank you!

I updated both DVDFab x86 and DVDFab x64 from v10.2.0.9 to v10.2.1.0, and used the x64 v10.2.1.0 Blu-ray Copy Main Movie mode to create a folder with miniso. Used DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the created miniso file, it worked.

It could be driver of Virtual Drive got corrupted during some process, we could not reproduce it so cannot tell for sure what causes it. Do you have this problem on other PCs?

Comment

I can't duplicate this either, please tell us your OS and check the logs of your security software to see if it is blocking some component of either application.If you are updating from within DVDFab (as opposed to downloading and running the installer As Administrator), try that at the next update to see if the problem recurs.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (Version 1803, build 17134.228). Nothing in security logs, nor were there any security alert popups. It just refuses to mount the miniso. Is Virtual Drive complete standalone or does it use some files from DVDFab installation?

The day before I did the latest update, I was able to mount several files with no problem. Then yesterday, I updated DVDFab to the latest version, not within DVDFab but by running the installer and then it would not mount the same files that it did mount prior to the update, nor a new miniso created after the update.

I did notice that the system requirements are Windows 7 or older
        (software came out before Windows 10 was released)
        , so I will try reinstalling Virtual Drive in compatibility mode and see if that solves future issues. It doesn't always behave this way after updating DVDFab, only seems to happened with certain version updates, but always notice it just after an update.

Also, there are several other posts about this issue under this forum, so it is obviously not an isolated issue, and may be other instances were users may not be reporting it, but it doesn't seem to be unique to me. I have also received the mismatch error in the past as an other user has posted, but mostly, just stops mounting.

I wont spend time troubleshooting since a simple un-install reboot and reinstall always solves the problem (but, like I stated, interrupts workflow). If it was a security issue or conflict with current version of Windows, the issue would likely still be there after a re-install.

Ok then, thank you. Will just keep using the old method.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I can't duplicate this either, please tell us your OS and check the logs of your security software to see if it is blocking some component of either application.If you are updating from within DVDFab (as opposed to downloading and running the installer As Administrator), try that at the next update to see if the problem recurs.
          I believe reading in some of your posts that you run Windows 7. I am running Windows 10, so there may be an issue with Win 10 and this utility.

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post

I believe reading in some of your posts that you run Windows 7. I am running Windows 10, so there may be an issue with Win 10 and this utility.
            The developers want you to post the dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, attached are the log files requested.

Attached Files

Comment

We could not reproduce the problem. Here is the suggestion from our developers:

Completely uninstall DVDFab 10 and DVDFab Virtual Drive,
                Reboot your PC,
                install DVDFab 10 and Virtual Drive to have a try.

Comment

Well, if you read my first post, you are suggesting something I am already doing, so thank you anyways.(Btw, I don't have to uninstall/re-install DVDFab to get it working again … just Virtual Drive … so will just keep on doing what I have already been doing.)

Comment

Working...
                  X