This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow reading speeds

I mount a DVD Movie ISO file and then use DVDFab to read the mounted file to the hard disk.

With the DVDFab Virtual Drive used as the mounter I can't get the reading speed to get above 4 MB/s.

If I use Virtual Clone Drive as the mounter, I get normal speeds at around 75-80 MB/s.

Using Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB and the same setup when I compare the reading speeds. Other ripping programs also face this slow reading speed.

Do you others also face this slow reading speed with DVDFab Virtual Drive?
    Attached Files

Tried to see what speed I can get with ImgBurn and the DVDFab Virtual Drive.

I 05:12:17 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:01:41
    I 05:12:17 Average Read Rate: 45*395 KB/s (32.8x) - Maximum Read Rate: 48*982 KB/s (35.4x)

The read speed I get are much faster than the 4 MB/s speed I get when I read with DVDFab ver 7.0.5.5.

Why is DVDFab so much slower than ImgBurn?

Comment

Try the new version and tell us how it works.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
        Tried to see what speed I can get with ImgBurn and the DVDFab Virtual Drive.

I 05:12:17 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:01:41
        I 05:12:17 Average Read Rate: 45*395 KB/s (32.8x) - Maximum Read Rate: 48*982 KB/s (35.4x)

The read speed I get are much faster than the 4 MB/s speed I get when I read with DVDFab ver 7.0.5.5.

Why is DVDFab so much slower than ImgBurn?
        Because you make same program to do same thing and confusing them both. Please understand that DVDFab Virtual Drive is a built-in component of DVDFab. It been extracted into separate utility only for sake of use with something else, like Media Player Classic for an example (and it works perfect). So, when you open your DVDFab and trying open ISO file as a source, built-in Virtual Drive is kicks in in a back ground and mounting it - you don't even noticed it. But what you do is creating a confusion between those two (in sense, it's like inserting DVD into DVD drive and then trying to mount it with Virtual Drive.... I hope it make sense). That's why you have no problem with ImgBurn and third party drive like Clone. My suggestion is if you using DVDFab to open ISO, forget the Virtual Drive, it make no sense to use them both. I hope this was helpful.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Try the new version and tell us how it works.
          The new version is now as fast as Virtual Clone Drive, so the speeds are 75-80 MB/s. So it works very well!

Also some other programs than DVDFab that gave me slow reading speeds now all give fast reading speeds.

Thanks xubin!

Comment

Working...
          X