This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual drive for each ISO?

I have just purchased DVDFab Blu-ray copy and have only made one Blue Ray 25 back up and one ISO and have a lot to learn. I was able to mount the ISO on PowerDVD 9.6 and play it with no problem. Prior to that, I never have used virtual drives or ISOs. Does each virtual drive only have one ISO assigned to it? In other words if you have 30 ISOs on you hard drive do you need to have 30 virtual drives? Or can you use the same drive to mount all of them?

You can only mount one image at a time to each virtual drive, but you can change the mounted image easily and you can have up to 18 drives active at once with DVDFab Virtual Drive.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You can only mount one image at a time to each virtual drive, but you can change the mounted image easily and you can have up to 18 drives active at once with DVDFab Virtual Drive.
      Does that mean I can dismount an ISO, on for instance, virtual Drive G and than mount different ISO onto virtual Drive G from the ones I have made from DVDFab?.

When you right click the monkey icon in the tray I saw the option to mount recently used images but how does it locate other images?

Comment

Originally posted by coodbe View Post
        but how does it locate other images?
        Try it and find out I see you mentioned drive G well hover the mouse over that and then click mount. Once you do that a search box pops up and you will need to search for the iso and once found you select it and then click open. Once that done it will be mounted and can be played

Comment

Thank you. That worked. I placed my first ISO in an external hard drive that is connected by an esata cable. The hard drive is in a dock, called "BlacX" by Thermatake. I plan to load the hard drive with ISOs and play them on my 54" Panasonic Plasma. I am either going to stream them to "WD TV Live Plus" or connect the hard drive to it by USB via another docking station.

What is the best way label and store the ISO's on the hard drive. I put the first one in a folder labeled "ISO and the name of the title but I don't know if making a folder is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by coodbe View Post
            Thank you. That worked. I placed my first ISO in an external hard drive that is connected by an esata cable. The hard drive is in a dock, called "BlacX" by Thermatake. I plan to load the hard drive with ISOs and play them on my 54" Panasonic Plasma. I am either going to stream them to "WD TV Live Plus" or connect the hard drive to it by USB via another docking station.

What is the best way label and store the ISO's on the hard drive. I put the first one in a folder labeled "ISO and the name of the title but I don't know if making a folder is necessary.
            Your welcome and not sure about what you ask as I not save my DVDs as iso but I'm sure the default name you select when you save to computer would be sufficient enough. As for making the folder it would be easier to find all your iso if they was in just one folder for easier access but the folder is not necessary

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Your welcome and not sure about what you ask as I not save my DVDs as iso but I'm sure the default name you select when you save to computer would be sufficient enough. As for making the folder it would be easier to find all your iso if they was in just one folder for easier access but the folder is not necessary
              I have to read the directions of "WD TV Live Plus". I think it needs to have a shared folder in order to access the titles for steaming. I have never streamed before either. I have just been backing up DVD titles to one sided DVDs. I have a whole bunch of them in shoe boxes sorted by dates but I have them lodged on the computer in an orderly fashion with "DVDProfiler.

Comment

Working...
              X