Cosmetic Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmetic Issues

Downloaded DVDFab x64 today and installed it.

The first thing I noticed is in the start menu, the folder is labelled "DVDFab 10 (x64)" but the program icon is simply labelled "DVDFab 10".
    This means no apparent way to tell the difference between the x32 and the x64 programs when you have them pinned to the main part of the start menu or possibly the desktop.

Once you launch the program, again there is no way to tell the difference between the x86 and the x64 programs as they look alike including in the "About" dialog window.

A simple fix would be to add "x64" to the name launch icon, ie: DVDFab 10 x64

Also in the program interface, in the top left corner where it says DVDFab and it lists the version number, you could add x64 after DVDFab and lastly add x64 to About Dialog so it would read DVDFab x64 (then the version number).

Almost forgot, the start screen also has the same problem.

I don't know how many others there are out there who prefer to have their programs labelled outright to be able to tell x32 and x64 apart, but I am one of those people.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I have not installed the x64 version yet, and would prefer what Æ’the OP has asked also. In the next revision, please add something that labels this as being a 64bit software.
      Also, can I install this beta and the latest 32bit with no issues?

Comment

As far as I can tell, you can install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit programs.

The 32-bit installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\
        The 64-bit installs to C:\Program Files\

So there shouldn't be any problems other than telling them apart right now.

Comment

The attached image shows how DVDFab icons are displayed on my screen - this is a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system.
          I agree with the other comments about clearly identifying the program as 64 bit in the "about", on the main screen & anywhere else the version number is shown.
          I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the program installed on both this computer and a Windows 10 laptop computer - and they all seem to coexist just fine. Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFabIcons.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	340370

Comment

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, I installed DVDFab x64 starting with version 10.0.5.2 and none of my DVDFab icons show x64, not even the program interface.

I just went and double checked to make extra sure and it's not there.

Though if I wanted to I could Edit the icon name to Add x64 to it, but that wouldn't serve the purpose of everyone else installing it as you would want it that way from the get go.

Comment

Also include something in the log files saying it's a 64 bit log file thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                Though if I wanted to I could Edit the icon name to Add x64 to it, but that wouldn't serve the purpose of everyone else installing it as you would want it that way from the get go.
                True - but that's not what we are talking about here. Image of what my menu shows for the DVDFab installations attached. Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab10Menu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	340394
                My Win10/64 laptop shows basically the same menu and desktop icons for DVDFab.
                Last edited by Rich86; 08-19-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒQƒQƒQ‚Ì‹S‘¾˜Y View Post
                  As far as I can tell, you can install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit programs.

The 32-bit installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\
                  The 64-bit installs to C:\Program Files\

So there shouldn't be any problems other than telling them apart right now.
                  Thanks, I also answered my own question by finally installing. I can confirm that Win 10 Home icons have (x64), thou the Splash screen and about screen do not. While I understand the "final" product will probably show this, it would be nice to know which one I am using when I have a brain fart and program issues and cannot remember which program "version" I am using. Especially since they both are the same version #.
                  Last edited by Corrupted; 08-20-2017, 06:06 AM. Reason: adding to what I wrote

Comment

As noted elsewhere, they will coexist with no issues in most cases. Thanks for all the feedback.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post

True - but that's not what we are talking about here. Image of what my menu shows for the DVDFab installations attached. Click image for larger version Name:	DVDFab10Menu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	340394
                      My Win10/64 laptop shows basically the same menu and desktop icons for DVDFab.
                      Was away yesturday so I couldn't participate here.

As your image of the menu shows, only the folder icon has the x64 designation while the program icons don't have it at all. This is where the problem lies when you have both 32-bit and 64-bit installed and the program icons pinned to the desktop or pinned to the base of the start menu.

I have a handful of programs I tend to use the most and of those programs I pin them in one of three places. The Task bar, Desktop or the base of the Start Menu.

As I've stated previously, none of the program icons have the x64 designation, just the folder icon.

Side by side, the program icons look alike for 32-bit and 64-bit including the labels.

Comment

As I posted before, including images: on my machines (Win7Pro/64 & Win10Home/64), the desktop icons indicate "(x64)" for the 64 bit programs.
                        The menu listing is as shown in my earlier post and described by you following it. I don't believe I modified the desktop icon to include x64 - but my brain cells do leak out occasionally . . so when I get a chance, I will uninstall everything and reinstall to test just to make sure one way or the other.

Update: I deleted the desktop icons for the 64 bit version and did a reinstall - and the new icons include (x64) in the 2nd line of the desktop icons (for both DVDFab10 & DVDFab Mini), same as the 1st time.
                        Last edited by Rich86; 08-20-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Not disputing your posts Rich86

Just posting my experience so far as others are doing so as to provide feedback, nothing more.

So far, I've been busy today catching up with this weeks anime episodes fresh from Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                            Not disputing your posts Rich86
                            I understand - no problems - just double checking myself and sharing info also . .

Comment

Working...
                            X