This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.265 HEVC -- Nvidia 10XX series GPU

So I have waited a long time to utilize GPU acceleration for NVidia 1070 for h.264 4k to 4k h.265 4k conversion. About a year ago I was told by support to return my video card because its a year out etc. The CPU conversion works, but 5 FPS with a AMD 1800x. There really is not much difference between me building a brand new pc and my old workstation with 32 cores. Down to the point; will you be utilizing or building NVidia cuda into x64 builds? I understand it requires a powerful pc which I have purchased. Since this is beta any chance to build some gpu support for h.265. Please I have been waiting a long time. If you cannot can you shed some light technically as why? Thanks in advance.

This is just a beta version, have some patience and you will be rewarded with what you want.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      This is just a beta version, have some patience and you will be rewarded with what you want.
      Do you work at DVDFAB or have some insider info? :-)

Comment

Look at his join date. What he has is experience with the company and its products.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Look at his join date. What he has is experience with the company and its products.
          I guess this settles the question on support for a feature I was inquiring about to whomever has the project scope of dvdfab x64, since 4k encoding and hevc work nicely together as they require more memory, I was hoping a developer would say we are looking at it. ive joined in 2010 am I less of an advisor? Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post

I guess this settles the question on support for a feature I was inquiring about to whomever has the project scope of dvdfab x64, since 4k encoding and hevc work nicely together as they require more memory, I was hoping a developer would say we are looking at it. ive joined in 2010 am I less of an advisor? Thanks for the post.
            I apologize if you are a developer or an insider, I am just asking a simple question. Wait and you will be rewarded is something that sounds like a gimmick in the united states, anyway no offense I hope was taken. Thank you.

Comment

This was only released on August 11th, its not even Aug 22d yet and, you say you have been waiting a long time ? Fab has the hardest working developers and the best Staff in the business. They give you something new and you want to rush them? Let them do their job and make it right as they always do. Then you will own the best of the best.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                This was only released on August 11th, its not even Aug 22d yet and, you say you have been waiting a long time ? Fab has the hardest working developers and the best Staff in the business. They give you something new and you want to rush them? Let them do their job and make it right as they always do. Then you will own the best of the best.
                I am only asking if they are building it, I am not rushing anything. I agree they are great, but I have been asking since 2014. I think I have been very patient. I opened a support ticket over a year ago just the get this to run on a CPU with Ashley from DVDFab. I was told h.265 is accomplished only on CPU. So I am asking will GPU be supported. I am done responding, maybe Wilson will chime in. Again simple question; will it be supported, I don't care if not for awhile, just yes or no.
                DVDFab has recently released 9.1.6.3 Windows version. In this version, 4K videos and H.265 encoded videos are fully supported. It can help users enjoy ultra high definition videos and get advantage of the newest codec technology.
                4K UHD Videos
                4K, labeled as Ultra High Definition (UHD), has a resolution of 3840 x 2160, compared to 1920 x 1080 of High Definition 1080P. So a 4K video can present you much more details of the image and gives you a much clearer picture than regular HD and other formats. DVDFab now can convert a DVD/Blu-ray or a regular video to a 4K video, and also can downsize a 4K video to a regular one. More details about 4K and how DVDFab support it can be found at: http://www.dvdfab.cn/about-4k.htm
                H.265/HEVC Videos
                H.265, or High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), is a new codec technology and new video compression standard which can compress video files to the half size with the same video quality as the original. It can also improve the video quality at the same bit rate. DVDFab supports H.265 all roundly now, capable of converting DVD/Blu-ray movies and other regular videos to H.265 videos, and playing H.265 videos as well. For more details please visit: http://www.dvdfab.cn/h265.htm

Comment

We are working on 4K H.265 GPU decoding/encoding, and it will be available soon.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                  X