Keeps reverting back to 10.0.2.5 after an error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeps reverting back to 10.0.2.5 after an error

I've tried updating past 10.0.2.5 a few times. I installed the 10.0.5.9 update today and every time there is any error it reverts back to 10.0.2.5. Even when it has trouble reading a disc with fingerprints or scratches and throws up the error message, it reverts back. Is it supposed to be doing this? Is there a way I can make the update stick?

Thanks.

Are you using the update function within DVDfab or downloading the installer from a link? Don't think I've seen this mentioned.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have tried both; in app update download and directly downloading from the site. Even tried rebooting my PC and updating both ways. It's still ripping everything I need it to and working properly, but it keeps reverting the old version after the update. Very odd.

Comment

Yes, it is odd, I can't duplicate it so far, but I don't have a disc with read errors to test with. Is this the only thing that triggers reversion? Does the required restart for some things (like PathPlayer on/off) in Common Settings cause it? What version of Windows do you have?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't have a 64 version of DVDFab installed on anything
          So maybe there isn't a guide for a complete uninstall of it.

That is what I've done on 32-bit OSs when I get an odd problem.
          Use CCleaner after the Windows uninstall from Control Panel.
          Reboot.
          Then delete any left over DVDFab files or folders in Program Files , Program Data , Documents ,& in AppData Roaming & Local if you find any there.
          If Security prevents you from deleting any files or folders you may need to use a software like Unlocker .
          It will Delete on a reboot outside of Windows .
          Then download a fresh installer from DVDfab .
          Install with "Run as Administrator".
          Reboot one more time whether you really need to or not.
          See if that will make the new version stick.

BTW: You will probably need to reactivate DVDFab after this.
          Last edited by cholla; 09-18-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X