This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES v10.0.6.3 BETA

There have been some new features and changes to the 32-it and 64-bit versions of DVDFab which are explained below.

For the first time, some features are available in the 64-bit version that are not in the 32-bit release. This is due to the high memory demands for processing new content types and for improved performance and stability of the features noted below. We think this will provide an improved user experience and hope you will find this to be the case. As always, user feedback good or bad is very important and this thread will be open for your comments.

UHD Copy

The new UHD Copy module provides compression for UHD content to smaller output sizes. It is currently available only in the 64-bit version of DVDFab. Please see the FAQ below for more details and post any questions you may have.

UHD Copy FAQ

Q: What does UHD Copy do?
    A:
    Please see the article in this link: https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-copy.htm

Q: Do I need to purchase it if I already have BD Copy or an All-In-One license?
    A: Yes, it is a standalone module but you do not need to buy it if you have no need for the feature.

Q: Is there a free trial?
    A: Yes, this long standing DVDFab policy continues, you may try it on 3 titles for a 30-day period after first use.

Q: What is the output format?
    A:
    BD50 or BD25 at 2160p

Q: Will it maintain HDR or Dolby Vision features after compression?
    A:
    YES

Q: Can DVDFab open the 4K UHD original disc?
    A:
    No, only unprotected 4K UHD Sources are supported.

Q: What Copy modes are supported?
    A:
    Currently only Main Movie, but Full Disc support will be available soon.

Q: What are typical movie processing times?
    A:
    See below
    Software only: ~10+ hours
    CUDA/IQS: 30 minutes to 1 hour
    Recomended: Pascal and GTX 10xx series and above from Nvidia or IQS with Kaby Lake or later i7 CPU from Intel on Windows 10 (tested on i7 7700 and GTX-1060)

Blu-ray Ripper

For the performance and stability reasons noted above, the 4K profiles have been removed from the 32-bit versions of DVDfab and are now available on the 64-bit version.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

DVDFab UHD Copy is the first 4K UHD copy software capable of copying the main movie title of an unprotected 4K Ultra HD movie off the original disc,

Where does one get a unprotected disk to use with this new profile? I assume your talking about commercial disks as you are talking about main movie working now with full disk latter is this to be used with a ripper tool other than Fab that decodes the copy protection?
    I saw such a post here in the forum but that ripper didn't work on all movies and the list they did do is very small compared to number of 4k disks now on the market.

P.S. It doesn't say so but won't you need a new bluray burner to even read these 4k disks?
    Last edited by Faith; 10-20-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

As noted in the FAQ, it does NOT decrypt protected discs. It will allow you to burn the compressed content to a standard Blu-ray BD25 or BD50. If you find a source of unprotected content on a disc, you will need a drive capable of reading it. Unprotected content is more likely to be downloaded from the internet or self-made in the folder or ISO format.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok than can 4k self made camera footage be compressed to smaller size then burnt to disk and played with a commercial 4k blu-ray player meant to play 4k disks?

Comment

Yes, I believe so but have not tried it yet.

Comment

Has the Chinese staff at Fab tested this yet with 4K camera footage?

Comment

I am not sure, I know they tested with downloaded content from the internet. The office will be open before too long and I will try to find out. To be able to assure you of compatibility it would be helpful to have a MediaInfo (free tool) scan of one of your 4K camera files and/or the make and model of your camera.

Comment

Can you please add an option to copy the fike without compression. I would love to use the tool for audit and subtitel management but I don't want the video stream to get compressed.

Thx & Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
                  Has the Chinese staff at Fab tested this yet with 4K camera footage?
                  Hi,

Not tried it before.

Would you please send us the directory structure of the recorded 4K files by your camera?

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC DV 5 Processor
                    UltraHD 4K at 29.97/23.98p
                    H.264 Recording in MXF Wrapper
                    Up to 305 Mbps 4K / 50 Mbps HD Recording link to camera below.

Comment

Your camera uses the MXF file format, which is commonly found in high end PRO-level video editing and authoring tools (and cameras). I am not sure DVDFab currently supports it, but there are many converters for it and it is just a container with h264 video inside it. If you already have this camera, make a short (20-30 second) video and transfer the file to your PC, Then see if DVDFab's Video Converter or BD Creator module can see it as a Source. Since it is just a file, it will not have the sort of directory structure that Wilson was asking about.

Comment

Why don´t you focus on x64 version? Don´t waste resources with x86.

Comment

Although the 64-bit version is clearly the future and is a focus, there are still millions of users of the 32-bit version.

Comment

Which 4k uhd disks are unprotected, can be bought, and are available streaming in 4k from a pay service? All commercial disks that I've purchased are protected. I don't see how this can protect my investment in delicate discs, something the text on the advert claims it can do.

Comment

Yes, perhaps a little over-enthusiastic. Not intended to mislead, and posts here in the forum have been clear that the discs can't be decrypted with the products.

Comment

Working...
                              X